Job Title - Sourcing Manager
Location - Reading
Rate - 400 per day
Duration - 6 Months initial
Building on our rich heritage of scientific innovation, we harness our ingenuity to change the future. As a Life Science organisation, our client enhances human, animal and plant wellbeing. It's all made possible by a global community of amazing people, dedicated to making the world a better place. Are you an amazing person?
The Procurement Function ensures the management of procurement activities at local level, in respect of the commercial and technical needs and in line with global policies and strategies. The function has responsibility for the 3 UK & Ireland sites located at Reading, Cambridge and Dublin. This role is designed to be based from the Reading UK office on Green Park with the requirement to be flexible with travel as and when the requirement demands it.
The Marketing Services Procurement team are responsible for sourcing activities within the UK & Ireland and covers the areas of Marketing Activation, Insights & Creative Development and Customer Engagement. The major categories of spend within these pillars are:
- Creative and Digital agencies;
- Media Production and Delivery;
- Market Research and Medical Communications Agencies;
- Print and Point of Sale production;
- Events and Booth Construction
The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for procurement sourcing activities within the UK & Ireland. The Sourcing Manager is to act in line with the agreed global / regional category and sourcing strategies and contracts. He/she will drive the function towards increased and sustainable sourcing effectiveness to support company's business growth strategy.
Major tasks and responsibilities
- Develops and/or implements (country) sourcing strategies and initiatives for his/her materials and services, ensuring alignment, compliance with Procurement guidelines, as well as other internal/external process standards and delivery of required business performance.
- Understands business needs & engages with stakeholders to meet their priorities and requirements and therefore, builds effective, trustful, personal relationships with country stakeholders.
- Plans and executes sourcing events to create a competitive advantage, e.g. spend reduction, supply security and / or time-to-market. Prepares supplier negotiations, awards suppliers and conducts post negotiation debriefs. Translates results of sourcing strategies, initiatives and projects into How Docs to enable efficient processing.
- Develops and drives performance improvement programs and transformation initiatives- Drives sourcing excellence and ensures consistent and sustainable application of state of the art sourcing methodologies and tool utilization along the Source-2-Pay process.
- Manages supply agreements & contracts. Monitors and controls contractual agreements and clauses over entire lifecycle and minimizes exposure to contractual risks in external relationships through usage of terms and conditions aligned with legal function.
- Provides country-specific market intelligence to mitigate supply risk, gain competitive advantage and make better business decisions. Continuously conducts detailed supplier and supply market analysis at country level looking at facts and indicating market trends in supply base and technology.
- Analyses and understands total cost of ownership structures for area(s) of responsibility to develop better and/or innovative pricing models (e.g. performance- or indices-based pricing).
- Manages supplier relationships and implements supplier management principles in supply base, builds relationships and improves supplier performance. Incorporates company's responsibility and commitment to sustainable business practices into category supplier relationships and ensures compliance through reports, audits and improvement plans.
- Optimizes resource allocation to projects, tasks and responsibilities in order to deliver required business performance.
Value added to the success of the company - what are the main objectives of the function?
Creating a competitive advantage for Client and increasing business satisfaction with Procurement deliverables by:
- Supporting companies' cost & cash competitiveness
- Mitigating product supply risks
- Supporting time-to-market initiatives
- Improving the quality of goods and services
- Ensuring compliance to internal and external policies and legislation to protect companies' social reputation
- Reports directly to Head of Sourcing, Marketing Services and R&D
- -business stakeholders
- Local / Global Procurement Functions
- Supplier base
- Industry partners
Master or equivalent degree in science, engineering or business management
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills combined with strong collaboration, influencing and communication competencies
- Solid background and expertise in Procurement, procurement processes and methodologies (e.g. strategic sourcing and supplier management)
- Solid category expertise in Corporate Functions & Technical Community
- Financial acumen
- Analytical decision making
- Result orientation
- High proficiency level in English
Candidates should submit CVs in the first instance. Mike Tripp [Telephone number removed]