We have an exciting opportunity at Tideway for an Applications Support Specialist to work within a small, talented team on several important projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, configuring and supporting SharePoint Online solutions to support and improve the way Tideway manages and shares its information. There is also a potential opportunity to support other applications.
The exceptional candidate will hold value in working within an exciting company focused particularly on interesting, information management and SharePoint projects. This position suits an experienced individual who has gained exposure to either SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online, and is comfortable with Office 365.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Support bug fixes and enhancement requests relating to Tideway's Microsoft
- Configure applications using out-of-the-box SharePoint functionality
- Ensure IS application support incident and request tickets are managed in line with agreed SLA's
- Support the assessment, development, testing and implementation of changes
- Work with 3rd parties including Tideway managed service partners as and when required
- Assist in the development of ad hoc reports, dashboards and workflows for business users in SharePoint as and when required
- Adhere to Enterprise Information Management, Architecture, Cyber Security, Change Control, Quality and Safety principles and policies
- SharePoint Online and its associated custom code
- Maintain up to date documentation on systems and processes
- Provide 2nd line support for SharePoint and potentially other software applications used at Tideway
- Maintenance of the existing applications / SharePoint sites
- Hands on experience in using development tools and deploying applications in Microsoft Azure and SharePoint Online
- Support enhancement requests and bug fixes relating to principal Tideway enterprise applications in Microsoft SharePoint Online, associated custom code and out of box solutions
- If requested by management to participate with out-of-hours standby rota to help resolve any major issues out of hours (standby allowance provided)
- Support application upgrades as required
- Manage the development, delivery and integration activities with service partners and 3rd parties with strong customer focus and drive to resolve issues within agreed SLAs
- Support monthly patch cycle and coordinate testing with the business when patching supported apps
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Experience of supporting MS SharePoint Online and Azure hosted applications
- Experience of using development and deployment tools such as Visual Studio, Azure portal, SQL Server Management studio, Azure storage explorer etc
- Experience of supporting in an Office 365 and Azure environment
- Experience of designing, developing and deploying no-code applications using PowerApps, Microsoft Flow and Forms in Office 365
- Experience of working with content migration tools e.g. Sharegate
- Experience of working with SharePoint designer in order to troubleshoot existing workflows
- Proven experience of working in an Application Support environment, supporting multiple applications
- Experience of working in a project environment would be beneficial
- An understanding of Business Information Management or working in a construction environment would be useful
- HTML, CSS
Good problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to determine the approximate impact of issues quickly
- Customer focussed with the ability to communicate with users at all levels
- The ability to work under pressure and balance competing priorities
- Effective communicator with the ability to provide clear updates when issues occur
- Strong analytical skills, with good attention to detail
- A logical thinker with the ability to drive change
- Passion for technology and skill growth
Diversity helps to make London a great place to live and work, and we aspire to this diversity being reflected in our workforce. We know that diverse teams contribute new and different ways of thinking and working and raise overall performance. We also know that people are at their most productive when they feel included and valued. That's why diversity and inclusivity are key to our business strategy.
We are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a proud signatory of the ‘Ban the Box' campaign, and Disability Confident Committed Employer.
We pride ourselves on providing employment for disabled employees, providing support and adjustments during the recruitment process, and wherever needed in the working environment. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitably qualified disabled applicants.