Security is an integral part of the corporate culture at Capital One UK. It is essential to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments, and it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorised access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Information Security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone's agenda.
Capital One UK migrating all of its services to the cloud. This journey will take a number of years and during this transformation security needs to encompass both environments with no loss of capability.
The successful candidate will join the Cyber Consultancy and Architecture team working primarily within the Capital One UK Division. The candidates primary focus will be to ensure that security is maintained and enhanced across both cloud and on-premise environments. They will work to embed a culture that drives toward the highest standards in security architecture/engineering whilst ensuring that business requirements are understood and adhered to, and security risks are properly understood and mitigated. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with global Cyber peers and will contribute to the design and drive the implementation of Capital One's global cyber program, supporting the drive to engineer and deliver solutions to support the UK Business. Working with groups such as Technology Engineering, Technology Operations, and Enterprise Architecture, this position will take a leading role in the development of the security for Capital One UK in relation to a multi-cloud and hybrid environment.
About the Role:
- You will be the Cyber Architect for UK-On prem and Cloud ensuring control coverage
- You will be the Cyber Architect for UK Cyber Security Engineering & Operations initiatives
- You will represent UK Cyber at enterprise program initiation ensuring UK requirements and strategy are accounted for.
- You will Lead UK Cyber design interactions with Enterprise teams and initiatives
- Ensuring appropriate security tooling, security control parity, operational processes, patterns and roadmap are in place for on-prem & Cloud environments in the UK.
- Working with Enterprise and UK teams to ensure robust security controls that are effective in both cloud and on-premise data centres.
- Working with Policy Owners to ensure that the UK position is adequately represented in the enterprise policies.
- Ensuring UK regulation is fully understood and represented in enterprise policy and technical standards.
- Working with enterprise projects to deliver secure, robust solutions that meet our business requirements and customer expectations
- Influence key stakeholders and leaders to support the UK position and roadmap.
- Advise and manage stakeholders as appropriate on Information Assurance matters and on the security posture of the businesses and areas requiring management attention or action.
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring of relevant stakeholders in Business, Technology and Cyber teams
- Execution, assessment and remediation of Information Assurance controls
- Participate in enterprise governance forums and act as instructor for training in areas of specialization
- Engage with vendors and external special interest groups to determine future direction
- Practical hands-on experience in security
- Experience in a financial or highly regulated environment
- Cloud Security
- Proven ability to quickly build and maintain relationships both locally and internationally
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
Any of these would be great:
- Desirable: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, ISEB Certificate in Information Security Management Principles or equivalent experience
- Desirable: Cloud certification specifically AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure
- Practical experience in Cloud implementations
- ISO 27001, ITIL, COBIT, PCI DSS, GDPR, PSD II / SCA
- Information Assurance frameworks
- Technical risk analysis, assessment and mitigation
- Proficiency in a programming language
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.