Environment, Health & Safety Manager/ EHS Manager / HSE Manager
Job Title: Environment, Health & Safety Manager (EHS Manager)
Location: Poole Office but with occasional site visits
Salary: £28,500 - £32,500 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company, natural & smoke ventilation specialists, are currently looking for an experienced EHS Manager to join their team in Poole.
You'll ensure the well-being and safety of all staff and visitors to the premises, while also ensuring the company complies with the minimum standards of health and safety as identified by the employer and regulators.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for health and safety within the various offices, warehouses, production and on site with engineers installing and commissioning smoke ventilation systems
- Overseeing the company fleet of vehicles including safety checks and ensuring drivers always comply with company driving policy
- Ensuring testing of fire alarms, emergency lights and portable appliances are carried out in a timely manner
- Ensuring that all premise space is kept free from obstructions, tidy, clean and organised in conjunction with heads of departments
- Overseeing the cleaning of the premises and liaising with contractors for small repairs as required to keep the premises in good order. Ensure any contractors used are approved as required
- Ensuring that machines are in good state in order to avoid hazards
- Ensuring the maintenance of well-stocked first aid kits in case of an emergency
- Foresees the possibility of an emergency occurring and carries out measures to prevent such from occurring
- Ensuring company premises are free from hazardous substances which may be chemical, physical, or biological substances
- Organises drills for members of staff to train them on the appropriate response to give in case of an emergency
- Assists in assessing and analyzing the possibility of a fire outbreak in the organization's premises and the ability of the organization to respond adequately to it
- Reviews emergency situations to consider what the organization could have done to prevent them from occurring
- Considers and suggests ways to recycle waste products; to appropriately dispose them; and to ensure a reduction in the production and discharge of waste
- Accurate record keeping of all communications. Use MS Office, or other mediums, whereby this information is backed-up on the servers (This includes all verbal conversations, emails and meetings)
- Maintenance of Training Records and ensuring all staff are up to date
- Prepare reports as required for the Senior Management Team to include:
- Near miss reports
- Issue reports
- Monthly / Annual safety statistics / reports
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent / higher essential
- Several years previous work experience in a related position
- Strong knowledge of environmental and health and safety basic regulatory and legal framework
- Ideally you will have previous experience on a building site, but this is not essential
- Articulate with strong communication skills to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to communicate excellently either orally or in writing, to be able to effectively pass health and safety tips to colleagues and subordinates
- Ability to lead a team of people effectively and act equally as a team member
- Ability to foresee the possibility of a risk occurring and 'nipping it in the bud'
- Literate in Information Technology, as well as Microsoft Office package
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle pressure and keep working schedules
- 23 days paid holiday, increasing up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Free parking.
- Group Pension Scheme.
- Company funded activities at Christmas and in the summer.
- Development Programme, up to 100% funding for development programmes.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of; Environment Officer, Health and Safety Coordinator, H&S Specialist, SHE Officer, Health and Safety Advisor, Environmental Coordinator, Environment Advisor, Health and Safety Officer, Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Consultant, HSE Executive, HES Auditor, Health and Safety Risk Assessor, Environmental Compliance, Environmental Regulatory Compliance may also be considered for this role.