Network and Security Engineer
We're currently working on behalf of a growing financial services organisation, who are looking for a permanent Network and Security Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team, with excellent career progression prospects and high earning potential.
Our client is a credit organisation with an ambitious but simple goal: to be the best in the market. Their business is going from strength to strength, in fact, they've grown from a team of 50 to around 800 in just 4 years! Now, they are looking for permanent specialists to grow with them.
The ideal candidate
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco NX-OS and IOS, supporting Routers and Switches, knowledge of OSPF, BGP, QoS and ideally at least CCNP certified, CCIE preferred.
- Checkpoint Firewall experience including HA, Virtual Systems and vSec.
- Experience in transitioning network/firewall services from third party to inhouse.
- Experience in Azure and AWS firewall and configuration.
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- WAN connectivity including Site to Site VPNs, VPLS, MPLS and Azure Express Route.
What you'll get
- Chance to join a rapidly growing organisation
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Pension scheme - highly competitive, matching individual contributions up to a total of 14% of salary
What you'll do
- Providing support to implement and administer Checkpoint, Lan, Wan, Wlan, Gans, VoIP and Cloud architecture.
- Providing support to implement and administer Perimeter security systems such as Checkpoint Firewalls and IDS/IPS in Azure, AWS and on premise.
- Providing environments to support end to end and System Integration Testing
- Working with the Infrastructure Architecture team to build and transition services from Project to Operational management.
- To ensure incident/requests are dealt with quickly, ensure networks recoverable, monitored and maintained to ensure maximum availability.
- Manage and monitor access, IDS, Firewalls and engage in security and regulatory processes.
- Take ownership of specific issues and take action required to resolve these two agreed deadlines and positive responses, including Network patches and security updates
- To own the network ensuring proper controls in place for access rights and permissions. Adhere to managed controls for adding new users to the environments.
- Regular auditing of the network to ensure the hardware and user base are correctly recorded in control databases.
- Responsible for all routine tasks associated with operating and controlling the installed hardware and software. This may include multiple hardware or software platforms. Uses standard procedures and tools to carry out defined system backups, restoring data and config's where necessary.
- Carries out required monitoring, logging and reporting tasks. Acts on known errors and documented workarounds, logging such actions and advising when management or specialist attention is required.
- Establishing the networking environment by designing network configuration, directing network installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards; the design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment; maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with architects on network optimisation; securing networks by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining monitoring access.
Do not miss out on this opportunity. Apply immediately to hear more about what's on offer. You can also call [Telephone number removed] to have a direct conversation.