SC Cleared Project Manager - Workload Migration to be based in London and some travel to Milton Keynes on an initial 6 Month contract. Experienced Senior Level migration project manager responsible to plan, lead and manage the successful migration of workloads for new and existing clients. The ideal candidate will hold SC Clearance or at minimum be eligible to undergo.
Job Title - SC Cleared Project Manager - Workload Migration
Location - London
Rate - 460 per day
Duration - 6 Months initial
Senior Level migration project manager responsible to plan, lead and manage the successful migration of workloads for new and existing clients.
This senior resource needs to be comfortable working in an ambiguous environment, familiar with governing disruptive technologies, managing multiple vendors, contractors and technology disciplines, while communicating to both client and internal business and technology resources.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- A broad knowledge of the processes and methodologies leveraged for physical and virtual workload migration.
- Strong client facing skills and an acute understanding of consulting.
- An understanding of the work and activities conducted by the various technical teams engaged in performing workload migration. Including
- Operating System Administration
- Cloud / VCenter
- Tooling and Monitoring
- Database Administration
- Experienced in managing server migration programs from the initial planning phases through detailed planning, execution and closure
- A broad knowledge of the various infrastructure required within a data center required to host server and appliance workloads
- Experience managing and leading large cross functional and geo-diverse technical teams
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans while adhering to corporate methodology and standards
- Accountability for project timeline, scope and budget requirements.
- Experience in program budget tracking and effort/cost forecasting
- Manage project scope and document scope changes in order to obtain approval for incremental costs prior to performing work
- Prepare and effectively communicate appropriate reports and updates to management
- Facilitate the resolution of issues and escalate issues to project stakeholders as required
- Ensure all appropriate documentation, Milestone requirements, and program artifacts are created and reviewed/approved by external and internal stakeholders
- Achieve project milestones through regular cross-functional project meetings to review schedule, status, issues and to ensure conflict resolution and risk mitigation
- Manage all aspects of the project implementations including project rollouts, resource tracking, budget management, schedule development, cost/ budget analysis, cross discipline coordination and communications.
- Provide consistent and comprehensive status reports, project updates, and ongoing project analyses to stakeholders.
- Ability to lead project teams in a highly matrix environment
- Follow transition process to hand-off support to Support team after rollout
- Strong process improvement focus and best practice knowledge
- Proposal development and cost management experience will be added advantage
- Must have strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience interviewing end users to gather requirements
- Good interpersonal skills and customer handling skills
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated superior customer relationship and communication skills
- Creative negotiation and conflict management skills
- Overtime may be necessary to complete tasks
- Need to be flexible with respect to working times, based on GBU timings for whom the Transition is being managed
- Working on weekends during Production move
Working Experience & Education Qualification:
- Formal education level: Bachelor's Degree
- Recent and relevant experience of 5 years of project management in migration projects
- PMP / Prince 3 certification preferred.
Candidates should submit CVs in the first instance. Mike Tripp [Telephone number removed]