|Listed on:||30th May|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City|
|Salary Notes:||Competitive plus benefits|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As a pure play ecommerce retailer, Figleaves is dependent on its digital platform to succeed. The Figleaves Technology team play an essential role in developing and maintaining the entire platform capability required to support the business needs. Made up of a wide range of skills and expertise across a range of technologies and systems, the team cover everything from product management and purchasing to order fulfilment and dispatch.
Providing first and second-line support for service related incidents and requests. You are the primary representative for service. Keeping the business stable and supporting the Technology team to deliver changes. You ensure any reoccurring problems are raised as issues for investigation to find permanent resolutions. You are the main point of contact for advising on new equipment, working with suppliers, raising requisitions and resolving any related queries.
Work closely with the Infrastructure and Development teams to deploy new software and improve existing systems. As the team is small you will be a self-starter and able to work independently under you own initiative.
We are looking for proven experience of working in a similar role in a mid-sized company and experience in dealing with first- and second-line support and working with the 3rd line team when required. A good knowledge of Microsoft technologies and an interest in cloud systems is essential.
• Proven first and second line experience supporting mid-sized estate plus remote workers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to present concise problem summaries
• Excellent problem analysis, able to diagnose and resolve using best practice methods.
• Ability to progress escalations in a timely manner if ticket resolution requires re-assignment to next specialist support group.
• Excellent customer facing/customer service skills both at desk and over the phone.
• Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
• Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm.
Technology skills: Essential
• Second line support technologies - Laptops, Desktops, Printers
• User administration, primarily via Active Directory & O365 plus email
• Windows 7 & 10, plus automated/image deployment
• Microsoft SCCM & SCOM (plus WSUS)
• Office 365 - SharePoint, OneDrive, Office Suite
• General application support and troubleshooting
• Application support for in house built systems and 3rd party systems
Technology Skills: Desirable
• Infrastructure - Server hardware, patch management, computer room management
• Cloud environments, AWS preferred
• Backup systems - BackupExec & NetBackup
• Cisco CCNA or similar experience
• Linux Administration / support
• Amazon Web Services
• SQL Server - Basic admin & basic T-SQL skills
• Network Vulnerability Systems - Qualys, Tenable, Symantec or similar
Personal qualities and behaviours required for role:
• Passionately care about and understand the customer and put the customer at the forefront of everything you do.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues across the business and value the company's priorities.
• Take a ‘zero defect' mentality and be relentless, creative and analytical in your approach to solving problems and realising opportunities.
• Positive and open to change
• Embrace new opportunities and ways of working positively and with an open mind.
• Be committed to your development and take ownership by setting stretching personal and professional goals.
• Think and act like an owner
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button!
Please can all applicants confirm their eligibility to work in the UK upon application.
Please note, due to a high volume of applications we are unable to respond to each applicant individually. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.