Experienced 3rd Line IT Support Engineer
£30000 - £35000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This company is a fast-paced Managed IT Service Provider based in the south west. With an award-winning track record for both growing and rewarding staff they are looking to add to their amazing team.
They require an experienced and knowledgeable 3rd line engineer able to handle final technical ticket escalation from their 1st and 2nd line support teams.
Their 3rd line engineers have experience in building, administering and supporting corporate IT infrastructure including; virtualisation, applications, replication, and public cloud technologies, using best in class vendors such as Microsoft, HPE Aruba, VMware and Veeam. They are constantly looking to improve their own knowledge and their clients best use of technology.
Whilst not primarily customer facing, this role will require some customer interaction in high level ticket resolution, sometimes in high impact situations, such as disaster recovery.
Working on a people first approach; they offer the highest level of respect and care to both their customers and their staff which sees them work in a fast paced and enthusiastic environment.
- Providing IT Troubleshooting via Telephone and remote support software
- 3rd line Escalation from 1st and 2nd line support engineers
- Logging of changes and support using internal CRM
- Providing high level customer care and building relationships with customers
- Documenting changes and infrastructure
- End level support for all Support queries
- Working with Senior Management team and Senior engineers to provide top level IT expertise
Essential Experience & skills:
- 5 years+ of Level 2 / Level 3 support ideally from an MSP / IT services background, or another area of business IT Support.
- Logic problem solving and analytical skills
- Windows Server 2012/16/19
- Active Directory & Group Policy
- VMware vSphere (ideally with VMWare certification)
- Storage Arrays (SAN) technology
- Microsoft 365 & Azure
- Firewall technologies and platforms (WatchGuard, Cisco, CheckPoint)
- Intermediate networking technologies (802.11q, 802.11e, STP, MPLS)
- Working knowledge of Unix based operating systems
- Microsoft certification is essential
- Time management and logging of time using a CRM
- Good customer facing skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational & documentation skills
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Experience of using PSA systems such as AutoTask or ConnectWise
- Product Development knowledge/experience
- Experience working in a service delivery environment
- Strong IT product knowledge, including infrastructure and networking technologies
- SQL server administration experience
Skills and Qualifications (Desired):
- IT qualifications including MCSA, Comptia or ITIL
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field