Oracle and SQL DBA
Spring Group Plc
City Of London
£400 - £425
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Spring Technology is currently looking for an experienced Oracle and SQL DBA. This is a 6 Month extendable contract based in central London.
The DBA is responsible for providing technical support for the Oracle DB Infrastructure including day-today administration of Server systems, incident response and remediation, as well as implementation of new technologies. It is extremely important to the company that production server and storage systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. The Oracle DBA is challenged to drive standards and document reference architecture based on requirements from business, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives. Trains and develops technical support and applications staff to better utilize server and storage infrastructure as it pertains to Database systems. Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the environment. Work to provide a working model of our Database environments for capacity assessment and planning.
* Expert in Oracle DB technologies including but not limited to:
o Oracle DB 10g, 11g, and 12c Administration
o Oracle Enterprise Manager
o Oracle RAC
o Oracle replication technologies (Streams, Data Guard, GoldenGate, Oracle Site Guard)
* Excellent working knowledge of SQL Server 200520082012201420162017
* Experience using a Windows scripting language to automate tasks
* Excellent working knowledge of SQL Replication and High Availability features
* Experience of performance, tuning and optimising SQL Server instances and databases
* Understanding of SAN, Virtual and Cloud technologies.
* Experience of monitoring and alerting tools for DB's.
* Knowledge on Oracle Application Server, Weblogic Server, Fusion middleware, Oracle E Business Suite, MySQL, MongoDB would be added advantage.
* Expert Knowledge of Database Concepts and duties:
o Data modeling and database design
o Data interface protocols
o Managing data security
o Managing development projects
o Predicting future Database trends for hardware usage and user load
o Install, patch and maintain all Database software
o Tune all Database instance components including SQL and PL/SQL, etc..
o Approve all production schema changes
o Approve changes to database design
o Control all migrations of Database schema objects
o Design and implement a backup & recovery system
Please send your CV now to apply !
Spring Technology acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring.com/candidate-privacy-information-statement