Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
Joining us as a Software Engineer/Developer you'll play a key role in shaping the way we design, build, test and deploy using cutting edge technology.
Want to know more?
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a solid focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
We have labs working across various different product areas including Financial Planning & Retirement, Protection, Insurance and Wealth. You'll have the opportunity to find out more about our projects throughout the process.
You'll enable us to:
- Lead our Manchester Customer Contacts lab by completely re-imagining how we provide voice, video, IVR and secure messaging across the bank
- Drive the delivery of this vision on scale of customers, colleagues and brands
- You'll be part of a cross-disciplinary Lab team in addition to being a highly valued member of our wider Engineering team. As part of these teams you'll demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering practices and skills, whilst working in a collaborative and agile environment.
- You'll learn new skills, technologies and approaches to software development as well as benefiting from a culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
- You'll set the strategic direction for how components and services are developed, tested and progressed within their Engineering discipline.
- You'll work with partners to deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices
- You'll ensure industry standard methodologies are understood by Engineering Community and related business functions.
- You'll be accountable for patterns and practices to be communicated and embedded across wider Engineering Community.
- You'll foster knowledge across Engineering community to provide solutions for complex business problems where no solution exists.
- You'll facilitate implementation of complex business problem solutions within Chapters where appropriate.
- You'll coach Engineering colleagues to ensure the appropriate development is in place.
What we need from you:
- You'll be a skilled engineering lead comfortable leading teams on complex journeys
- You'll have a deep Java, XML, API and micro service delivery skills with proven record of improving pace and quality of development teams.
- You'll have a strong DevOps background working across multiple tool sets with experience of containerization and cloud provisioning
- You'll be able to coach junior and more senior engineers
- You'll be comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and able to balance competing priorities and pressures
- Contact centre development experience desirable but not mandatory
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,080 per year
- Discretionary bonus between 15-30% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...