|Listed on:||24th May|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Project Engineer (Civil, Structural)
Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham
£Highly Competitive Package DOE Plus 21 Days' Holiday (rising with service) + Bank Holidays
ABLE UK is a market leader in marine decommissioning, a major land owner and developer across the north of England, particularly on the Tees and the Humber, and operates a number of ports.
ABLE has a continually growing order book and has recently made a new and significant entry into the offshore wind sector. To accommodate this growth and its ongoing investment program, ABLE has created a range of new job opportunities including the role of Project Engineer.
ABLE develop their own projects with their in-house teams, giving the successful candidate a close relationship with the construction and decommissioning teams.
Able UK Ltd are looking for an enthusiastic, professional and experienced candidate to join their Engineering Department at their Head Office in Billingham. The role is varied and would suit applicants who are currently working in a consultancy role but wish to build upon and expand their areas of practice.
As a Project Engineer, you will undertake the following:
- Design calculations in concrete and steel material/structures
- Carry out the role of Principal Designer under CDM Regulations
- Interpretation of ground investigation reports
- Preparation of technical documents, including project briefs and specifications
- Preparation of contract documents
- Analysing incoming tenders and preparing tender reports
- Preparation and monitoring of work programmes using MS Project & or Fasttrack Schedule
- liaison with sub-consultants, suppliers, and site teams to deliver projects safely, on budget and programme
- Reviewing incoming reports and drawings
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
To be considered as a Project Engineer, you will need:
- Substantial experience in the design of civil and/or structural engineering projects
- BSc Civil or Structural Engineering
- Extensive IT skills: AutoCAD, MS Project, MS Office package
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Good report writing skills
Although not essential, a chartered membership of an engineering institution would be beneficial to your application.
- The position will command a competitive package, based on the candidate's experience
- Applicants need to demonstrate a successful track record and experience of working within a similar role
- Standard working hours: 08:00 - 17:00 (16:00 Friday).
To apply for the role of Project Engineer (Civil, Structural), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Project Engineer, Civil Engineer, Structural Engineer, Principal Design Engineer, Civils Project Engineer, Structural Project Engineer, Design Project Engineer, Design Engineer, Engineering Designer, or Structural Designer.