Senior Manager, Data Architect
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Sr Manager, Data Architect is accountable for all data architecture solutions across Vx business. He / She needs to ensure that they are focused on delivering value at optimal cost while ensuring that GSK Tech is looking far enough into the future to guide the business. Provide data architecture for integration of back-office systems including ERP, supply chain/logistics, inventory management, and forecasting/demand-planning and service enablement platforms.
This architect will build on current foundational data ecosystem components to accelerate GSK's analytics capabilities utilizing various on-prem and cloud solutions such as Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. The solutions will be anchored in API based integration patterns leveraging modern DevOps practices for development, testing and deployment. The Architect will be involved in all parts of the solution delivery process from ideation, architecture, design, and technology selection, to partner management, development, testing, delivery and support. This role balances between hands-on and strategic tasks working as part of the team, the larger architecture community, and independently.
Business process areas in scope:
All R&D functions (e.g. TRD, CMC, Computational Science etc.)
Commercial and Medical
- Partner with business and IT stakeholders to create data architecture for scalable big data solutions and accelerate enablement of data platform for Vx business
- In close collaboration with platform team drive data architecture strategies including contribution to all applied engineering activities including idea generation, requirements, project planning, frameworks, building roadmap, etc.
- Develop integrated solutions connecting external data with internal feeds from various business systems, plants and labs including architecture for streaming use cases and build fit-for-purpose solutions
- Identifying the data needs, providing guidance on how to extract, transform and load the data and integrating the new data and applications with master data and other existing data in the modern data platform
- Analyze enterprise and application logical and physical data models and associated business rules to insure standards and best practices are followed
- Publish and enforce technology best practices, configuration recommendations, usage design/patterns, and cookbooks to data engineering community
- Demonstrate a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem solving skills and programming knowledge to be able to quickly cycle hypothesis through the discovery phase of the project and excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience (Digital Data and Analytics)
Bachelor's in engineering or sciences with relevant experience required.
7+ year's large Biopharmaceutical company in at least one of the following domains: R&D, Manufacturing, RWE, Commercial. Experience required with focus in data analytics, management of variety of data sources, application product development, data quality management, information architecture and governance design and implementation, with significant influence on overall direction of data product management
Should be well versed with latest cloud and data management trends, including open source projects, methodologies (connect and collect, hub and spoke, data fabrics, etc.)
Hands-on knowledge of the Big Data technologies Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Flume, Pig, Kafka, Python, Shell Scripts, etc.
Experience with solution architecture, design, development, and understanding of data life cycle: data acquisition, data quality management, data governance, and metadata management
Familiarity with ETL, data pipeline development and data cleansing with large-scale, complex data-sets
Experience of vendor management in particular IT/BPO outsourcing and partnerships with Technology startups
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Vaccines - Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com
Vaccines TECH has the remit to transform how new technologies are used to improve performance across Vaccines.
Vaccines TECH is accountable for the design, implementation and support of GSK vaccines digital, data and analytics solutions. Vaccines TECH works with a wide range of partners from inside and outside the healthcare sector to bring new technologies to GSK, enhancing areas such as clinical trials and drug development; improving how we interact with healthcare professionals, customers and consumers; and making internal processes more efficient.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.