Finance Manager (CIMA / ACCA/ ACA)- Coventry - 6-month contract
Our client in the utilities industry requires a Finance Manager (CIMA / ACCA/ ACA) to join their team based in Coventry on a 6-month contract.
- You will be responsible for supporting operational teams within the COO functions, to ensure financial control within budget and time.
- You will be responsible for monthly reports and will drive and challenge performance across the business.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualified)
- Have extensive financial reporting, financial modelling, and investment appraisal experience
- Have in-depth knowledge of project accounting, forecasting and planning
- Have strong negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Be able to think strategically and have an analytical approach
- Analytical approach, with strategic thinking and excellent communication
- Have conflict management experience
- Hold a valid current UK driving licence
You will be responsible for:
- Building a robust business plan, budget and forecast
- The financial analysis and evaluation
- Being the business partner to 3 directors and lead the compilation and review of financial reports such as flash reports, monthly management accounts and RRP reports.
- Generating the month end accounting inputs and outputs to ensure data and accounting entries are complete, consistent and accurate in accordance with the client's internal policy.
- Explaining any variances in the data with insightful commentaries.
- Supporting the Senior Finance Manager to maintain and monitor the financial control framework with adherence to key controls
- Providing financial risk management for the various business units.
- Supporting the delivery of change across the finance department and the business.
- Continuously building your knowledge of RIIO and the impact it has on the industry.
You should be willing to undergo any screening checks carried out by the client. Once on site, you will need to undergo adhoc alcohol and drugs tests
If this role is of interest to you, please apply at the first instance.