Technical Architect- Java, Integration
6 Months + Likely Extensions
Technical Architect contract job opportunity in Bristol and Telford for a government organisation undergoing digital transformation!
- Join a diverse, friendly and flexible working environment
- Work alongside some of the country's best subject-matter experts who work as part of an Agile and flexible team to deliver the organisation's value proposition
- Get involved in an exciting transition from legacy to digital technologies
- The chance to gain experience with cutting edge Cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure
- Opportunity for extension and progression with projects running long-term
As a Technical Architect, you will work across the IT organisation with business partners to define and build out complex solutions and drive value through business process simplification, automation and new product capabilities. You will play a critical role in designing and developing scalable, message based, event driven micro-service-oriented system.
You will be responsible for the low level design, working closely with Lead Architects across all functional areas making sure all low level architecture viewpoints are captured in the design e.g. business, infrastructure/cloud, security, data, and operations architectures.
Technical Architect Accountabilities:
- Participate in the architecture, design and documentation of new and enhanced services
- Participate in technical discussions between internal teams and external strategic partners
- Develop baseline versus target architecture, identify gaps and define components aligned to business and technology objectives
- Recommend and institute best practices, frameworks, design patterns, tools and reference architectures
- Conduct product/tools evaluation and provide enterprise appropriate recommendations
- Creates detailed engineering functional solution documentation and partner 'how to' documentation
- Responsible for aligning services delivered from the capability owners
- Oversees interdependencies between interfacing technologies and their support teams Influences and drives engineering strategy.
- Participates with internal & external organisations to drive continuous improvement
- Ensures that infrastructure for projects is architected and delivered according to plan, design, and deployed successfully, including on premise and cloud.
- Provide day-to-day technical advisory, guidance and mentoring to our back-end production team Set strategy of innovative and efficient technology solutions.
Technical Architect Criteria:
- Have strong enterprise and software architecture skills encompassing data, application and technology - including security
- Have experience in designing and implementing Java/JEE applications
Desirable Technical Architect Criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Have 10+ years of software development experience and architecture
- Have strong experience in Cloud (AWS/Azure/Google or Hybrid) based architecture designs and implementations
- Have experience in DevOps stack (CI & CD) and other dependency management and build tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Ant and Ivy
- Have experience in data architecture and design across ETL, DWH and Analytics; Big Data, Hadoop, SQL and NOSQL databases
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.