Data Governance Director - Central Nottingham - Cyber Security & Technology Risk - Competitive Salary
A Global Blue-Chip Data Intelligence Company are currently recruiting for a Data Governance Director to join their Cyber Security & Technology Risk team. The role will focus on developing and overseeing the enterprise-wide data governance for the organisation.
We are looking for someone who has the ability and skillset to work in the fast-paced and dynamic world of cyber security and risk. With experience interpreting regulations, leading gap assessments, designing policies and processes to achieve compliance.
- Developing Data Governance Policies, procedures & tools for the global organisation. This includes requirements for Data Classification, Data Management, Retention & Disposal.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory and customer requirements for data governance (including changes/updates) across the global landscape.
- Lead the building and execution of the Data Governance program in alignment with business activities & CSTR strategy.
- Establish, implement and maintain capabilities to conduct in-depth analysis of data from disparate sources.
- Plan and oversee assessments against data governance requirements. This includes managing processes for provisioning access to Confidential data and managing the team of Data Governance Analysts.
- Ensure assessment findings are prioritized and remediated in a timely manner using approved solutions and processes.
- Perform initial and ongoing benchmarking of the enterprise-wide data governance program. Lead the efforts to attain continuous improvement against the stated aims of the program.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and partners in Technology, Business Proposition, Compliance and General Counsel Teams.
- Develop key operational and program level metrics to measure implementation of policies, maturity of the program and ongoing activities.
- Support business strategy by providing advice and guidance on strategic projects and programs.
- Assist in the development of employee and third-party training & awareness programs.
- Leverage project management and project facilitation skills, especially with leading and facilitating project execution within a matrix organisation.
- Coordinates executive & leadership governance committee meetings, including presenting on the statuses of initiatives, risks and maturity.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Data Science or appropriate Business-related discipline
- Substantial experience in Business/Data Analysis, Information Security and/or overseeing data governance programs.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for data governance e.g. GDPR, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, CCPA and industry practices related to data management and processes.
- Critical thinking and thorough analyses to provide decision support and guidance to the businesses, customers and executives.
- Experienced effective negotiation and influence skills to drive change and ensure effectiveness of policies, strategy and governance.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively at executive levels.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, including usage of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong team player with ability to execute in a matrix structure, across time zone and national boundaries
- Industry related certifications such as, CIPP/T or CIPP/M
If you are interested in this position, please apply below or email your CV