Dyson have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Firmware Engineer to take a leading role in the design and implementation of ever-advancing projects in our consumer products. You will have a desire to create high-quality, robust code to solve diverse real-world problems, and have the ability to be infectious with your passion within your team.
- Analysis of high level requirements into efficient algorithms and clean architectures
- Fast prototyping of complex ideas onto embedded devices
- Developing real-time embedded software for production consumer products on a range of silicon platforms, mainly ARM based
- Debugging real time software issues using a range of techniques and tools
- Integrating software with hardware and mechanics
- Creating tools to support embedded software product development.
- You'll have a strong belief in documentation, and the ability to communicate through design.
- Potential leadership abilities
- Experience in defining software architectures and high level requirements
- Strong background in real time embedded C, C++, and object oriented coding for embedded systems.
- Unit/acceptance testing and creation of inherently testable code.
- Experience of bare-metal or Real Time OS low level microprocessor software development with C or C++
- Debugging complex software problems.
- Programming simple engineering GUI applications for PCs
- Strong understanding of electronics, and the ability to debug at the circuit level
- Software Configuration Management tools (source control, continuous integration, etc.)
- Experienced in the use of Agile Scrum Frameworks to plan and estimate development
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
To find out more information and to apply, please click the APPLY button.