Nuclear Safety Case Engineer - SC CLEARED
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our client are seeking experienced nuclear safety case engineers to support a growing portfolio of work with our clients in the nuclear defence industry.
Based in Bristol with site visits to Devonport and Plymouth on a regular basis.
We will be looking at 6 Month engagements (with likely extension as it's a long-term project).
* Degree in physics, engineering or related discipline
* Experience in the production of nuclear safety cases and supporting documentation for civil or defence nuclear clients
* Sound understanding of nuclear safety principles and safety case processes, including deterministic and probabilistic safety assessment
* Experience in the production of hazard schedules/ fault schedules/ staged safety reports
* Excellent IT (excel, word) and report writing skills
* Flexibility to spend some time on client site or in other Atkins offices
* Good people and stakeholder management skills
* Chartered engineer
* Previous experience of working in defence nuclear environment
* Understanding of submarines and PWR technology
* Ability to train/ mentor junior staff
* Experience of undertaking consequence modelling, human factors assessment, shielding assessment or radiological protection
* Experience of producing engineering change justifications/ modifications (Cat 1/ Cat 2)
* Experience of leading hazard identification studies
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.