Based at our manufacturing facility at Whetstone, we are looking for proactive, dedicated and enthusiastic technicians to join our team. The work scope covers assembly, wiring and test activities on a variety of electrical and electronic assemblies, including reactor in-core inspection and safety circuit equipment.
Individuals are required to be conscientious, have an eye for detail and ability to spot and report issues which may become future problems. Safety, quality and reliability are key elements in everything we do due to the nature of the equipment.
- Adherence to and signed completion of written operations on production planning, within a BS EN ISO 9001 quality system, including identifying any variances and notifying supervision for approval or further action.
- Ability to work independently and in partnership with Mechanical Technician functions.
- Assembly and wiring of small electronic modules, boxes and units and electrical / electronic control and indication panels and cubicles.
- Assembly and Test of analogue PCBs (Hand soldered through-hole PCB technology).
- Assembly and test of tube and digital Camera systems
- Test of Analogue PCBs and electrical equipment to approved test documentation including collation of test results.
- Peer check verification of test results.
- Fault investigation and repair of analogue PCBs (discrete through-hole components and ICs) using bench meters, oscilloscopes and other test equipment.
- Fault investigation and repair of analogue electronics equipment incorporating linear power supplies including step-by-step recording of the process.
- Production of detailed investigation and fault reports, including identification of root causes (with Engineering assistance).
- Design and manufacture of test boxes to support test, minimise errors and improve efficiency.
- Optical inspection of PCBs and components (degraded / dry joints & metallic whiskers).
- On machine wiring of electrical and electronic devices, including cable management and termination.
- Fine wiring and looming of equipment and tooling.
- Appointment as Electrical Duty Holder (in house electrical safety course & BS7671 training).
- Provide local support, fault finding on Low Voltage plant and equipment within in the facility.
- Flexibility to work at customer locations, installing, commissioning and fault finding equipment.
Role Qualifications & Requirements
- Apprenticeship and or minimum HNC level relevant electrical/electronic modules
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and SAP Software would be beneficial
To find out more, please apply to this ad.