Support Engineer (EDBS Cleared) - Sheffield - initial 3-month contract
Support Engineer (EDBS Cleared) required to join a reputable ICT support and teaching company focusing on providing on-site support to a school in Sheffield on an initial 3-month contract.
Due to the urgent nature of the role and working in the school environment, the client ideally requires that candidates hold current active Enhanced DBS clearance.
- Carrying out routine and ad hoc network management tasks including daily backups, anti-virus checking and other housekeeping tasks, ensuring preventable errors do not occur.
- Responding to incidents logged by the customer, in an appropriate manner by having a detailed understanding of the Incident Management processes and its business impact.
- Management of incidents to resolution for any network and equipment failures covering software, hardware and infrastructure problems as defined by the service level agreement.
- Providing maintenance and repair services such as projector fixes, and laptop builds
- Ensuring that all systems used to carry out work activities are updated on a real time basis, including the completion of detailed and accurate call notes. Following the communication and escalation steps as outlined in process documentation.
- SharePoint, Windows, Server 2012, MAC's and Google.
- Station rebuilds and equipment functionality checks
- Hardware and software fixes
- Excellent customer facing and interpersonal skills, including diagnostic questioning, and the ability to deal with difficult conflict situations.
- Experience of maintaining and supporting networks.
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively.
- The ability to work proactively with good planning and organisation skills.
- Good time management, reliability and punctuality.
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your CV in the first instance. Due to the urgent nature of the role and working in the school environment, the client ideally requires that candidates hold current active Enhanced DBS clearance. If Candidates have also registered for the "update service" this will speed up the process.