Enigma People Solution is recruiting for a Power Electronics Engineer to join our client's wafer fabrication, located in Manchester.
Our client is a global leader in Discretes, Logic and MOSFETs. They produce consistently reliable semiconductor components at high volume.
Their power MOSFET business line is one of the top suppliers to the Automotive industry, and they are a major player in providing general purpose MOSFETs to the computing, industrial and consumer markets.
What's on offer?
Joining a leading company that equally rewards, develops, and challenges their employees.
As an integral member of the team, you will be part of a global network of colleagues, who will support you and challenge you to grow.
- Design, debug and develop a sound understanding of new automotive power electric applications and help the business develop the next generation of automotive power devices.
- Support the development of demo boards, models, bench automotive emulation systems and technical documentation
- Assist in the preparation of technical literature such publications, applications notes and other release documentation
- Test and evaluate device performance in the Application Lab, providing feedback to the design teams and troubleshooting customers' designs
- Create target specifications for new products and platforms based on customer inputs and defined product parameter
- Respond to day-to-day technical requests from customers and from our global sales teams
- Interface with field engineers and customers to solve problems and encourage the next generation of design wins
- Degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering, Physics, or a relevant discipline
- Familiarity with power, electronics, semiconductors, and/or automotive or related industries
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel internationally
Experience and skills in the following will be advantageous:
- Power electronics, <100V, motor control, switching using MOSFETs/IGBT/SiC etc
- Application circuits such as BLDC, SRM, lighting drivers, motors, DCDC converter
- Circuit simulation, SPICE modelling, PCB design, electronic design for harsh conditions, thermal analysis etc.
- Electronic design especially for harsh conditions
- Automotive / aviation electronic systems