Software Engineer / Software Developer - Gloucestershire/Remote
Software Engineer / Software Developer - Gloucestershire/Remote - £40,000 - £65,000 plus great benefits (DOE)
A unique opportunity has arisen for a seasoned software engineer to join a well-regarded and extremely interesting technology business. This company is involved in cutting edge research and solution development across a wide range of technologies, with areas of specialism in AI, machine learning, deep learning, cloud and web technologies.
The business, although an SME, are very well established and highly regarded. They have seen continued growth, with a massive increase in a need for their unique services of late. This in turn means they are now looking to increase their capabilities by bringing in two engineers with extensive knowledge of a wide range of programming languages, frameworks, tools and technologies, to complement the existing team. The role
As a Software Engineer you will work across a wide range of projects, solving complex and interesting problems for clients. The role is very much hands on, so we need someone who is able to roll up their sleeves and "build things" as well as being able to mentor and coach junior staff and have a positive influence and input into projects. You will carry out high level research across a wide range of technologies and build bespoke services for clients that exploit the latest developments in Artificial Intelligence. Essential skills
- An inventive and inquisitive mind
- A passion for the latest technology
- The ability and willingness to learn new technologies, tools and methodologies.
- Some knowledge of or exposure to Machine Learning.
Knowledge of any of the following would be highly desirable:
- Artificial intelligence, Machine learning, Deep learning
- Cloud technologies (AWS/Azure)
- Big Data technologies (Cassandra / Hadoop / Elasticsearch etc.)
- NoSQL databases
- Open source technologies
Please be aware successful candidates must be eligible for Government Security clearance
- You will work with a team of extremely talented engineers on a variety of complex and interesting projects
- You will gain exposure to a wide range of cutting-edge technologies
- The company provide 20% down time for training and internal R and D to drive innovation and ensure they stay at the forefront of technology.
- The business recognises its greatest assets are the people who work for them, so looks after them, recognises and rewards achievement and offers flexible working arrangements, to accommodate most requirements.
- You will receive on-going support and career progression as you see fit.
- Competitive salary, 10% pension and bonuses.