Our IT Test Analyst are responsible for the testing of IT changes, including defining, estimating, planning and executing manual and automated test scripts as appropriate.
What's on Offer?
- 33 Days Holiday (Inclusive of the bank holidays)
- Film Card entitling you to free films for yourself and friends#
- Chillout areas including an indoor garden and PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Plus much more
- Early engagement in Project change processes to establish completeness and weaknesses in (functional, performance, reliability, scalability, regression, usability, security and UAT) testing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, and coordinate, deliver and report on business executed testing.
- Develop test plans and estimate testing resource requirements, and overall scheduling of testing activity.
- Develop manual and automated test cases and configurations needed to meet testing of business requirements. Execute test cases/scripts to ensure delivery of quality changes to the live environment.
- Monitor and track resolution of defects found during the test phase of projects or operational changes as a result of incidents.
- Work alongside Test Leads to help drive the continual improvement of testing quality and efficiency within the IT department.
- Assist in managing route to live environments from dev/build through to testing and work with implementation teams on readiness for production.
- Assist in managing third party suppliers through the delivery of their changes and releases for Quality Assurance and Change Control.
What does it take?
Testing solutions in IT is more than following a checklist. It's having the imagination to understand how colleagues and guests may try and use a system in ways it hasn't been designed. It's about thinking of the things that can go wrong and trying to simulate an issue. It's also about being thorough and 'forensic'.
A test analyst in today's IT world needs to be Agile. Not just as in Scrum, backlog, and stories, but in mind and ability to learn. Automation is key, and being able to identify and deliver quicker techniques and technologies to achieve the goals of the Quality Assurance Team is essential.
- Have experience in testing IT Solutions and database architectures
- Ideally, have BCS ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing or equivalent as a minimum
- Have a good understanding of Windows client and server technical platforms
- Understand the Software Development Lifecycle and have a working knowledge of agile delivery
- Understand how digital environments operate and what can go wrong
- Have a working knowledge of a programming language - preferably Java and Visual Basic Script