Job Title: Head of IT Infrastructure & Service Delivery
Location: Telford - (Relocation Package would be considered)
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is the UK's market leader in outsourced waste management and recycling services providing an all-encompassing waste management service that looks to enhance the environmental and financial performance of their customers. With a strong focus on their technology they have an ambitious and innovative in-house IT department which manages the technology internally and their offerings to the customers and suppliers.
Reporting to the group's Chief Information Officer, the Head of Infrastructure & Service Delivery owns and leads technology infrastructure, internal and external customer support and cyber security across the company groups. In this role the individual must be a self-starter, owning the group's information systems roadmap and working with the CIO and other executives to support the businesses organic and in-organic growth strategies. Experience of operating a robust and mature technology infrastructure, operations and cyber security estate are critical to the company's success and future performance. The ideal person will be a highly effective leader of people with experience in developing IT functions from tactical to value adding, dynamic teams.
- Working with the group's CIO to execute, through the IT team, the information systems technology roadmap that is both innovative and in-line with corporate objectives
- Ownership and responsibility for the group's cloud, platforms and data centre strategy
- Supporting the development of group wide BCP/DR plans
- Ownership and responsibility for the group's collaboration and communication platforms including their continuous improvement
- Develop and execute the cyber security strategy for the group aligned to industry recognised frameworks, including maintenance and ongoing development of the existing ISO27001 accreditation across the Valpak business (compliance division)
- Ownership and responsibility for implementing and managing an internally resourced ITIL compliant customer service helpdesk for internal and external customers
- Working with the Head of Software Development & Business Systems to support projects, activity and delivery of the software and business systems roadmap
- Co-ownership of the group's digitisation and automation programme focused on improving the customer experience by making the group more efficient through leveraging best in class and leading technologies, including customer and supplier APIs
- Responsible for all elements of compliance for information technology services across the group
- Working with the group's CIO and Head of Software Development & Business Systems to create, manage and adhere to an annual itemised Group technology budget
- Management of the group's infrastructure, support and security team members ensuring that at all times, they have the necessary skillset to evolve, maintain and support the systems
- Working with the board to execute on the group's M&A strategy
- Leadership of an information technology department or the infrastructure group of a 500 employee strong, high volume/high growth business
- A proven track record of introducing and driving change within a department
- Development of IT professionals to accommodate business growth
- Successful management of an industry leading helpdesk, modelled on ITIL standards
- Information, data and cyber security best practices (including ISO27001), technologies, standards and controls, including ongoing management and prevention
- Integrating of acquired businesses
- Demonstrable track record in innovation
- Managing change across complex system implementations and organisation matrices;
- Financial and strategic planning methodologies;
- Deployment of a technology strategy to support continued organisational growth;
- Networking, cloud and co-located infrastructure;
- Cyber security technology, processes and best practice;
- ITIL and helpdesk management;
- Implementation of mature methodologies, process and procedure.
- Degree (min. 2:1)
- 10-15 years IT experience
- 5+ year experience operating in general to senior IT management roles
- Appropriate technical certifications (e.g. a mix of CCNA, MSCE, MSCA, ITIL, Prince etc)
Relocation package would be considered
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: IT Service Manager, IT Manager, IT Team Leader, IT Operations Manager, IT Services Manager, IT Director, IT Infrastructure Manager, ITIL Infrastructure Manager, Business IT Service Managers, Technical Team Leader, Technical Project Lead, Technical Service Manager, Director of IT Services, IT Technical Manager, IT Manager, IT Support, Technical Support, Technical IT Leader, IT Support Manager will also be considered for this role.