Software Project Manager - contract
Enigma People Solutions Ltd
£360 per day
£360 per day
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Enigma People Solutions is recruiting a Software Project Manager for our dynamic smart technology software client based in East Kilbride
Our client designs and sells leading edge solutions into transport, payment and associated sectors.
Due to extended customer demand, they are looking for a project manager to work on organising, planning and tracking implementation and deployment of the company's software to client sites. Reporting into a senior project manager you will work on a large scale implementation project on behalf of this key client. The project involves numerous stakeholders and multiple workstreams so requires excellent organisation, co-ordination and tracking.
To be of interest you will be able to demonstrate the following.
Knowledge & Experience
• A track record of successful project implementation in a software environment
• Commercial experience in project management delivering complex software solutions
• Collaborative team working experience; matrix management project teams of varying size
• Experience of whole project life cycle, from initial conceptual design stage, through systems testing to client acceptance and at the various stages throughout
• Experience of delivering products and services as part of a large system integration project, managing customer expectations and working in collaboration with third party suppliers
• Strong affinity for technology, knowledge of development (Java, C++, etc..) and application deployments (JBoss, Tomcat, etc..) a major plus
• Certifications of project management methodologies (Prince 2/PMI), and knowledge in best practices of software delivery projects
• Excellent communication and planning skills
• Fluent in English both spoken and written, other languages a plus
• Quality and customer oriented
• Able to successfully manage multiple workstreams at the same time and to prioritise resources
• Strong analytical, project management and problem solving skills with high attention to detail
• Able to think creatively and articulate complex issues clearly and succinctly
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to both a technical and a commercial audience
• A flexible and consultative approach to working
• Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Demonstrates effective people management skills
• Essential: Prince 2 methodology or equivalent
• Desirable: Experience in transport domain, preferably ITSO experience
• Essential: Educated to degree level or equivalent