|Listed on:||30th April|
|Contact Name:||Mark Gresham|
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive. We acquired a top development and consulting organisation in Romania, Timisoara and are looking to recruit talent to go on our exciting journey.
Our EPOS-based hospitality management technology operates 100% in the cloud and is part of the Access Hospitality business management suite. Numerous successful and profitable multi-site hospitality operators use our systems to analyse over £2bn plus annual sales and purchases. They all benefit from our real-time bespoke solutions where live data from the point of sale is usually ready for analysis in less than four-seconds. We have unrivalled customer retention rates because our commitment to innovation and cutting edge technology remains as strong as it did when we first opened for business 25 years ago.
• Will be an accomplished Full Stack .NET Senior Developer building high quality software using HTML/JS/CSS that runs cross-browser on the client side, and predominantly using Microsoft middle-tier and backend technologies built on the .NET Framework and .NET Core.
• Will use modern techniques to build accessible, scalable and evolvable APIs that are robust and stand the test of time.
• Will take pride in your work and the work of your team, to ensure that we delight users with our software and make their lives easier every day.
• Will demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and plan Dev sprint/release activities, prioritising according to risk and changes in delivery schedule.
• Will display ownership, responsibility and good decision-making, and will be able to coach and co-ordinate team-mates to achieve project deliverables.
• Will have a good understanding of software industry development standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
• Will have the ability to manage and fully automate deployments or products and their dependencies across multiple physical and logical environments.
• Will have a good understanding of source code management best practice (using TFS), and ability to troubleshoot issues.
• Will have the ability and motivation to test your own work and that of others to ensure we maintain our high quality standards.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Take responsibility for assessing the risk of development tasks, taking into account technical and commercial factors, make risk-based recommendations and decisions.
• Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
• Work in an Agile (Scrum) team, delivering high quality software focussed on delivering team results through your individual contribution.
• Actively contribute to requirements discussions and requirements analysis, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
• Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders on deliverables and approach.
• Contribute to the continuous development of processes and improvements.
• Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary.
• Be able to analyse, identify and fix root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application.
• Understand, identify and adhere to our preferred design patterns, coding standards and definition of done.
• Help ensure agreed agile delivery process and approach is followed, including estimation/planning, Scrum activities, release and project management.
• Champion a quality focussed approach including: good planning; branching, environment and codebase management; promoting/participating in early discovery of defects; code reviews; unit testing where appropriate; and collaboration with the QA team.
• Report to Development Lead and Head of Development on progress and areas of risk, including metrics where requested.
• Creation of technical documentation where required.
• Work in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
As a well-rounded Full Stack ASP.NET Senior Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Technology & Tools:
• VB.Net / C#
• Visual Studio
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Relational database design, Query Optimisation, Indexing etc...
• T-SQL - Writing efficient SQL, Stored Procedures and Functions
• Automated Build (CI) and Deployments
• Teamcity/Jenkins/Azure DevOps
• TFS-based Source Control
• CSS pre-processors (Less, Sass, etc)
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to make you successful. We will help you carve out your career path. You will enjoy lots of training both in the UK and in Romania to accelerate your career.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to grow, you will enjoy a fun environment on top of our standard benefits.
Become part of our amazing Access family!