|Listed on:||26th April|
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Schroders Global Information Security function ensures our business is able to operate safely in a dynamic threat and technological environment by effectively managing the risks to its information assets. To achieve this aim, the function contains teams responsible for Cyber Security, Insider Security, Information Risk Management, Technology Risk and the Information Security Change Programme.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
• Utilise proven consulting skills to deliver security architecture as an internal shared service.
• Review Infrastructure projects to ensure they meet design security requirements.
• Analyse existing systems to ensure they offer adequate security and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization.
• Coordinate with all areas of the organization to see that the system is working as optimally as it should.
• Analyse business requirements to identify where they can integrate new hardware, operating systems, or connectivity solutions.
• Develop and foster relationships with technical teams and business partners in order to create an integrated approach that provides data integrity, information confidentiality and service availability.
• Identify any gaps in existing infrastructure security and assist in remediation design.
• Coordinate with various project teams to communicate the necessity of security requirements and design constraints.
• Work with infrastructure solutions architects to develop technical standards
• Develop SOW for penetration testing activities on infrastructure platforms.
• Maintains an expert knowledge in the field of Information Security and the related issues, systems, processes, products, and services.
• Develop reference security architectures and frameworks (including requirements, design patterns, and other artefacts) for use throughout the company.
• Evaluate new and emerging security technologies for potential suitability in the company's environment.
• Contribute to the development of security policies, security standards, and risk governance processes.
General and Technical Skills:
• Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell.
• Previous hands on experience as Wintel/Unix engineer.
• Solid understanding of Windows AD and Microsoft core product suites.
• Understanding of on Prem and Cloud enterprise architecture.
• Experience performing security architecture reviews on enterprise applications.
• Project management experience.
• Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions.
• Knowledge of client-server networking and database management.
• Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues.
• Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
• Web server and application server administration and web applications deployment experience.
• Architecture Certification (TOGAF, CITA, EACOE, Certified SOA Architect, etc.).
• Knowledge of Networking, Database and Storage technologies
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.