(Electrician) Project Manager
SC Clearance required
- The Project Manager's prime responsibility is to ensure that a project produces the required products, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
- This role is required on to manage electrical certification works across the estate. The role will be based working within the Customer Authority in Corsham.
- Consultant defines, documents and carries out small projects or sub-projects (typically less than six months, with limited budget, limited interdependency with other projects, and no significant strategic impact), alone or with a small team, actively participating in all phases. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate. Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
- Effective management of the project baseline
- Manages the production of the required products and the delivery of the project in partnership with the customer and business unit to ensure acceptance, closedown and handover to service
- Defines the project requirements, ensuring that the requirements catalogue traceability matrix is complete
- Manages the agreement process of the project requirements and objectives with the Project Board or appointed project assurance role.
- Produces and coordinates materials and baselines during all phases of the project by careful planning and documentation
- Establishing and reporting project Key Performance Indicators to the Project Board through Highlight Reports and stage assessments
- Manages business and project risks and produces an effective plan and risk assessment so that timescales and project costs are understood and underwritten by all by the appropriate parties
- Ensures that formal review procedures are used. Manages the risks associated with the deliverables of the project in line with project management community standards.
- Ensures that the impact on the business unit's profit & loss due to project activities within the scope of the project is clearly visible and that all contingency usage is signed-off by the appropriate governance authority e.g. Project Board.
- Accountable for managing and tracking the project costs and supporting Business Units in meeting payment milestones
- Builds and manages the relationship with key stakeholders. Typically senior level manager and Project Board
- Ensuring that the milestone achievements are signed by the customer and relevant invoices are raised
Key Performance Indicators
- Delivers the project on time, to budget and appropriate quality
- Achievement of project margin
- Customer Satisfaction score
- Assignment feedback scores
- Status of project in the project management reporting tool
- Achievement of acceptance criteria and conformance to Operational Readiness Review
- Formal reviews have taken place and are documented
- Efficient and timely availability of assets during all stages
- Progress reports are accepted by the assignment manager
- Risk plans are formally accepted by the assignment manager
- Amount of contingency used or released
- Successful acceptance into service
Mandatory Skills Required:
- SC clearance is required as a minimum.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of working in an MOD or Customer Facing environment.
Desirable Skills Required:
- Experience of delivering network solutions.