Java Technical Architect - Manchester What You'll do:
About our Projects
- Designing, developing and delivering solutions with clients' architects.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to clients, providing pragmatic solutions to real world problems.
- Leading teams of developers, testers, ops through the full lifecycle of development
- Delivering presentations and demonstrating the potential of technologies to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Involvement in pre-sales activities
- Managing client expectations throughout the project lifecycle from initiation through to delivery.
You will work across government and the commercial sector, on some of the most challenging and interesting projects. The company's success is built on delivering quality UX
at the time it is needed, and they do care about positive outcomes even more than the technology they build. Much of the work you do will help vulnerable people, and hopefully like you, they're passionate about making solutions accessible to all. You will work on a range of projects:
What You'll need:
- Greenfield and Brownfield projects
- Digital (Web)/ Big Data/ Platform projects
- Full Lifecyle development projects from discovery/inception phase through to delivery
- Cutting edge technologies with cross functional teams
Nice to have:
- Strong exposure to the JVM ecosystem and still close to the code.
- Exposure to taking ultimate responsibility for designing and delivering one or more large scale solutions, understanding the various cross-cutting concerns such as security, performance and quality.
- Leading teams
- Exposure to architecting solutions, including creating architectural artefacts, such as high-level designs, disaster recovery plans and support documentation in an Agile environment
- A rigorous understanding of automated testing
- Knowledge of multiple storage technologies such as SQL and No-SQL.
- Understanding of Cloud computing, virtualisation and containerisation.
About the Teams
- Information Security/ Information Assurance
- GDPR knowledge of coding in multiple programming languages and platforms, primarily focused on the JVM and CLR ecosystems.
- Exposure to running multiple teams concurrently is highly desirable.
- Multiple technical domains such as web, mobile and data.
You'll work across a broad range of projects in the public and private sector. Whether it's transport, health, central government, housing or helping the most vulnerable in society, your contribution will have an impact and bring about positive change in the world. As a valued member of the team, you'll help your colleagues understand what they need to do to help users, and you can expect them to support you and get involved with research.
If you would like to find out more information then please do get in touch with Chris Mayers at Evolution Recruitment.