The Analytics Capabilities & Optimisation team is a team of Product Management, Data Analysts, BI experts and Analytics Engineers. It is responsible for defining, prioritising and delivering the self-serve analytics strategy, event streaming and optimisation capability, methods and components for enabling real-time, data-driven decision making and customer data insight across all of Tesco's businesses. It accelerates the self-serve delivery of ad-hoc insight from customer data and enhances the value of our analysis to the business and customers. It connects the customer analytics and insight innovation needs of Tesco's businesses to our core data platform, tools and services.
As a Senior BI Analyst, you are accountable for implementing our self-service analytics strategy, ensuring effective reporting through analytics platforms and contributing to data driven decision making across the broader Tesco business. Collaborate with a cross functional team to develop common approach to automating repetitive reporting tasks. Initiate ideas for the self-service analytics ecosystem development by collaborating with the analytics product team. Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvement of the self-service analytics and data-driven approach within business users.
Specifically, you will:
- Establish, develop and maintain self-service analytics tool-set including end-to-end BI implementation.
- Automating regular reporting to improve visibility of the performance reports and the data.
- Ensuring data quality and integrity by working with the analytics product development team.
- Analysing the existing broader Tesco business processes related to data-driven decision making; to map business reporting requirements to self-service analytics solutions.
- Providing pro-active deep-dive analysis and presentation of customer behaviour with actionable recommendations that can be applied to improve our products and the greater business.
- Empowering teams across Tesco to use self-service analytics environment to get the most of performance reviews and business insights.
- Leverage information from requirements gathering phase and utilize past experience to design a flexible and scalable BI solutions.
- Training analytics and business teams on the systems, tools and best practices used.
Experience relevant for this job:
- Knowledge and experience of using business intelligence and visualisation tools such as Tableau and MSKT.
- Experience of using MI/BI systems and databases such as Teradata and other SQL or NoSQL technologies.
- Ability to manipulate, analyse and synthesise data using different sources to create customer led, data driven reports and high impact presentations.
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools & Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Highly numerate with a university degree of 2:1 or higher in a quantitative discipline or relevant experience.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to data platforms.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and processes.
Skills relevant for the job:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A methodical/ analytical approach and great problem-solving skills
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly
- Great presentation and persuasion skills
- Team player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team
If that sounds exciting, then we'd love to hear from you.