About the role
Our mission is to be the most helpful we can be to each customer shopping in our stores and to our colleagues who serve them. Meeting their needs through identifying and designing useful, usable and frictionless user experiences, across our physical store estate and the enterprise capabilities. Taking the effort out of shopping In Store, making it simple and more enjoyable to shop with Tesco. Focused on solving the ‘right' problems in the best way to deliver end to end user experiences that our millions of Customers and Colleagues love and value, earning their trust and loyalty.
The User Experience Design team within the Technology Product Group, is a customer obsessed, data informed and insight driven multi-disciplinary team, of talented and passionate UX and UI Designers and Design Researchers. Working on portfolio of products focused on, but not limited to, the In Store Tesco shopping experience across digital touchpoints. For example, Scan as you Shop devices, self service checkouts and service areas, shelf edge screens, colleague devices and service screens etc. Helping to push the boundaries of how we deliver the best retail digital experiences and customer service, in our physical store environments and customer engagement centres. To deliver value to the business and our customers.
Applying User Centred Design methods to problem solving throughout the product lifecycle. Collaborating closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Stakeholders, Global Insight teams and wider design teams. Understanding, championing and building empathy for customers and colleagues evolving needs, expectations, motivations and behaviours. Providing the Research and Design to identify user needs and validate hypothesis, delivering evidence based user experiences that are customer centric and support a coherent and compelling brand experience. Working in an agile way, using dual track product discovery and delivery approach to product development.
You will be repsonsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Creation of a range of user-centred, insight driven and compelling brand experiences, retail focussed, that are coherent throughout the end to end customer journey. Producing UI designs and artefacts required for a digital product/s to agreed time frames, success criteria and quality standards.
- Be a brand guardian - establishing and evolving our design standards and patterns that are appropriate for all customer and colleague interactions and provide a coherent and compelling on brand experience.
- Contributing to the advancement of best practices in UI design by sharing knowledge, insights and refined processes.
- Managing and mentoring junior members of the team, and supporting the Lead UX Design manager.
- Collaborating with your product team, the wider design team, global insights and analytics teams and stakeholders to understand the customer needs, motivations, behaviours and performance measures relevant to your product, to inform and validate your UI designs.
- Communicating and clarifying UI design specifications with your product team and sider design teams. Also, helping to validate and monitor quality implementation of design deliverables and identify and communicate opportunities for excellence within a product.
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a close-knit team, is well organized, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
- Reports to the Lead Experience Design Manager for the In Store shopping Experience in the Technology Product Group.
You will be responsible for
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Understanding and practice of a wide variety of customer led design practices.
- Expert practitioner in conceptual UI design, prototyping, pixel perfect detailed design and implementation using a variety of design tools such as Sketch and the Adobe CC suite. With extensive experience in designing user interfaces for complex native applications, responsive web, and ideally arm's length screens.
- Experience of utilising and evolving a digital design language and systems whilst maintaining high brand standards to deliver a coherent and compelling on brand experience.
- Follow a customer centric and insights driven iterative design approach. With a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centred UI design solutions.
- Proven ability working in a fast paced product based e-commerce environment, ideally retail. In an agile way, using a product discovery and delivery approach to product development.
- Working effectively with multi-disciplinary product teams and understanding how to contribute to all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Follow a customer centric and insights driven iterative design approach. With a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centred design solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- While a formal degree is not a requirement, we expect a solid understanding of the various UI design disciplines and the underlying theory in areas of interaction design, usability, psychology, visual and information design, and human factors. With 5+ years' experience as a practitioner in UI design.
- Friendly, flexible with ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity and a self-starter.
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop online, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading e-commerce business.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
The position will be based at our Digital Innovation Centre in Farringdon, London.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months' service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses