|Recruiter:||Enigma People Solutions Ltd|
|Listed on:||23rd April|
|Salary/Rate:||£30,000 - £55,000|
|Salary Notes:||Highly competitive|
|Contact Name:||Daniel McGarrell|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Experienced Digital Design Engineer
Enigma People Solutions is looking to recruit an experienced Digital Design Engineer to join a small specialist team within our international client's R&D function in Glasgow.
You will be welcomed into a collaborative, customer focused environment with flexible working hours and enjoy good technical career development and progression whilst working in a high growth and fast evolving security and cryptographic algorithm technology arena.
Your role will include but not be limited to the functional specification, implementation and verification of security chip and IP Designs based on architectures and requirements as defined by customers, internal architects and product management.
In this role you will:
- Design and Implement new features to existing hardware products.
- Design and Implement basic hardware IP modules.
- Write design specification documents and update customer documentation of existing IP modules with new functionality.
- Update the verification environment to allow verification of the new functionality.
- Verification of Hardware IP modules and Firmware.
- Deliver high-quality products to QA satisfying the requirements set for the projects.
You will collaborate with colleagues within the hardware IP team in Glasgow, colleagues in the Netherlands Design Centre and assist the Glasgow Customer Support team providing post-sales support for the IP modules.
You will also have interaction with customers and sales teams by supporting pre-sales activities and assist the Field Application Engineers with their support activities.
- To be of interest you will be able to demonstrate strong commercial experience in digital design using verilog.
- BSc Hons / BEng Hons in Electronic Engineering (or related commercial experience)
- Commercial experience in the security or chip industry in engineering positions at R&D centres or system laboratories.
- Experience in RTL design, implementation, simulation, synthesis and timing analysis.
- Knowledge of ASIC, FPGA and IP design technologies, implementation and verification methodologies.
- Knowledge of embedded processor architectures (CPU, ARM, MIPS, Security Processor) and system interfaces.
- Knowledge of security and cryptographic algorithms such as DES, AES, Poly1305, ChaCha20, ARIA, SM2, SM3, SM4, Public Key Operations and Elliptic Curves is a plus.
- Experienced user of industry standard ASIC implementation tools (Synopsys, Cadence).
Our client is interested in recruiting a team player, who has excellent communication skills (English, verbal as well as written).
Additional desirable skills include:
- Practical knowledge of SOC and Processor Architectures
- Practical knowledge of cryptographic protocols and algorithms
- Practical knowledge of Python Programming Language desirable
- Ability to work to deadlines to support business objectives