Lead / Senior Risk & Safety Intelligence Analyst
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
You will be the discipline lead for safety data analysis, which will include managing a team of analysts and working closely with analysts outside your team to ensure the value, relevance and quality of the safety data analysis that supports RSSB's products and services.
You will work within RSSB's Risk & Safety Intelligence Department, which manages, analyses and reports on health and safety information for the GB railway. The Departments outputs, which you and your team will support, include performance reports, learning from incidents and investigations, modelled estimates of underlying risk, tools and guidance. These are used across the rail industry to inform decisions that affect the safety and health of workforce, passengers or the wider public.
The Department works closely with RSSB's members to understand and meet their needs and to help them get the most from its products and services.
The successful applicant will:
· Lead, motivate and develop a team of risk and safety intelligence analysts.
· Plan, manage and carry out safety data analysis and research activities including
- Providing safety monitoring and safety risk analysis to support the work of cross-industry risk groups and to track the industry's progress on implementing the strategy set out in Leading Health and Safety on Britain's Railway.
- Producing regular publications that keep stakeholders informed on railway safety, including the industry's Annual Health and Safety Report (formerly the Annual Safety Performance Report).
- Identifying emerging safety issues and providing significant safety insights into these and other current industry concerns.
- Specifying, overseeing or carrying out safety analysis research projects.
· Provide expertise and consultancy support on risk and safety data analysis. This includes work to support other Risk & Safety Intelligence products and services, other RSSB projects and potentially commercial activity for external clients.
· Develop, maintain and improve processes, guidance, tools and techniques to support the value, relevance and quality of RSSB's safety data analysis
· Act as technical lead for developing internal competence in safety data analysis, and for RSSB guidance and training to develop this competence in other organisations.
· Contribute as GB specialist to national and international meetings.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
· Experience in a similar technical role and a strong analyst's toolset built on good numeracy and attention to detail.
· A degree or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline, and ideally hold or be working towards a higher-level qualification or professional accreditation.
· Good knowledge of data extraction, manipulation and visualisation tools and techniques, such as SQL and relevant programming languages.
· An inquisitive mind and a proactive approach to work.
· A focus on delivering value and a positive experience to your customers.
· Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to deal with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and the ability to communicate technical information clearly, succinctly and in an engaging way to senior industry leaders.
· The ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of data analysts.
· Practical experience of planning and delivering data analysis and associated outputs, ideally in a rail and/or safety context.
· A good understanding of safety data, safety analysis and safety management in the GB rail context - or the desire and aptitude to quickly reach this.
In return RSSB offer excellent benefits including:
30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Annual performance related bonus
Generous defined contribution pension scheme
Private Health and dental care plans
Annual travel subsidy
The closing date for this position is Monday 6 May at 23:59
Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered
Thank you for your interest in RSSB - we look forward to receiving your application