|Listed on:||18th April|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Services|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Returners Programme - Senior Technology Advisor (Contract)
Based in London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and/or Belfast
Our client is partnering with Women Returners to offer a Returners Programme which will support talented individuals from all genders and backgrounds back into work after an extended career break of two or more years.
About the Returners programme
The programme offers successful applicants a six month fixed term contract and the possibility of transitioning into a permanent role; a range of flexible working options are available, and as standard, colleagues have the ability and technology to work outside of the office regularly.
As part of the Returners programme, you will be supported back into the workplace; you will receive coaching from Women Returners, a mentor from within the company and opportunities to network across the organisation. You will receive a competitive package of pay and benefits during the programme.
Working closely with the Network Security and Resilience team, you will be responsible for supporting the roll out of a cyber security assurance program and monitoring the progress of responses and remediation, ongoing. This is being introduced across our client's regulated sector, which is the Network and Information Systems (NIS) Digital Infrastructure companies and Communications Provider (CP).
Purpose of the Role
Our client has had responsibilities for communications network security and resilience for a number of years, and has recently received new responsibilities under the new Network and Information Systems Regulations (NIS). NIS covers all security and resilience threats, but has a focus on cyber. NIS aims to achieve a high level of network and information systems security across the European Union among companies operating important services.
Requirements of the Role
- Working with other members of the team to:
- Support the roll out, management and progress monitoring of a cyber security assurance scheme that is being introduced across companies in the NIS Digital Infrastructure sector and the Communications Provider community. This will include, developing incident reporting thresholds and processes, developing and drafting compliance guidance, carrying out and/or managing security assessments.
- Working closely with other regulators, both within the UK and beyond, NCSC in their role as the UK's NIS technical authority, and DCMS as the lead government department.
- Work with other members of the team in responding to and assessing telecoms and digital infrastructure company responses to security incidents that occur in their infrastructure which are reported to our client.
- Work with colleagues in the investigations teams to provide technical support in relation to any enforcement activity.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience and understanding of conducting security assurance assessments and audits and managing remediation plans, within the Communication Provider/Telco and NIS sector.
- Understanding of the types of threat actors that would target our client's regulated sector and cyber security threats they present.
PLANNING, PROJECT & PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
Plans and prioritises effectively, monitoring quality and productivity. Accepts accountability for delivering excellence in a timely and cost-effective manner. Adheres to and understands corporate governance and processes. Understands how own contribution fits with others.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT (INTERNAL & EXTERNAL)
Consults and communicates widely, establishing internal/external relationships and networks. Is authentic and consistent in interactions with others. Demonstrates an interest in the views of others and seeks to understand different perspectives. Works with integrity and is supportive and objective when dealing with people.
COMMUNICATION (WRITTEN & ORAL)
Communicates openly, honestly and with respect. Provides clarity in written and verbal communication, avoiding unnecessary complexity. Influences by making it easy for others to understand and buy-in to rationale. Anticipates objections and responds professionally, listening to the views of others and encouraging two-way conversations.
PROBLEM SOLVING & ANALYSIS
Is insightful, seeking to develop a range of solutions to problems. Uses data and tools effectively to explore the root cause of issues. Seeks opportunities for improvement/Generates new ideas to optimise outcomes. Understands how issues fit into the bigger picture. Achieves the right balance between short-term issues and longer-term strategic thinking - Ensures analysis is informed by strategic priorities and input from other Groups.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE
Applies detailed/specialist knowledge to achieve objectives. Shares expertise and knowledge with others. Maintains an awareness of organisational development e.g. strategic initiatives. Develops knowledge and expertise beyond own area/specialism e.g. Market trends and sector developments. Explicitly links overarching strategy to all individual and team activities.
To apply to theReturners Programme, please select the button shown to upload your CV and a Covering Letter.
Our client would like your covering letter to highlight your experience and motivations for joining their Returners Programme.
CVs alone will not be accepted.
The closing date for applications is the 8th May 2019.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Technology Advisor, Contract, Technology Consultant, IT Consultant, Technical Project Manager, Technical Project Manager, Cyber Security Consultant, IT.