Job Title: Project Director FTTx
Location: Birmingham / Sheffield / Reading
This independent company delivers Telecommunications services across Mobile, Fixed and Optical Networks. They use a proven delivery model that operates globally in partnership with a leading telecoms company.
Their expertise lies in the implementation of E2E delivery services in all sectors of the telecommunications industry, specializing in mobile, fixed and optical networks. Drawing on extensive experience and knowledge in large scale multivendor environments to deliver high quality projects and solutions that satisfy their customers and importantly their end user.
To have responsibility and accountability for all project delivery, financial and operational activities, to set-up and manage project structure / organisation also establish key KPI's and programme targets, to interface with all key stakeholders ensuring deliverable are met as per agreed scope, and manage delivery against budget and targets.
- Delivering a customer focused service delivery engagement model and project scope and plan
- Establish delivery team for large FTTH deployment
- Produce technical analytical reports showing trend analysis
- Attending ad-hoc customer meetings as required
- Identifying areas for improvement and service innovation
- Producing and updating processes and procedures, including associated documentation in alignment with company Mode of Operation and customer requirements
- Ensuring appropriate project and function SLAs and KPIs are implemented and achieved
- Responsible for setting and managing departmental and operational P&L, KPIs and targets
- Responsible for supporting strategic partnerships with third-party suppliers
- Responsible for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual customer Packs for project delivery and Governance, including ad-hoc reports and Route Cause Analysis
- Continual Service Improvement Initiatives across the project team and supplier landscape
- Responsible for achieving Customer Satisfaction targets
- Support and drive the sales performance and opportunities and develop the portfolio, to include involvement with customer presentations and tender responses
- Establish and manage high-level relationships with local authorities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrate a high-level of knowledge of FTTH, design, delivery, fibre technology, street works civils
- Leadership: the ability to set direction, act decisively and influence effectively
- People management: the ability to manage people, both directly and through others, motivating individuals to develop themselves while successfully delivering business priorities
- Demonstrates Business and Resource Planning, using techniques to support projects, tenders, and business case
- Be able to represent their department and adapt their style to meet the needs of different audiences
- Problem-solving - considering and evaluating all relevant factors and then making a decision based on own conclusions
- Relationship builder - enjoy sharing ideas, discussing issues and valuing the input of peers and colleagues
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills together with proven leadership capabilities
- Able to adapt proactively to the demands of a fast-changing environment and develop new skills and processes
- Proven budget capability to use methods and techniques to operate within agreed budget level. Capability to minimise costs and cost-effectiveness
- IT skills - full office suite to include MS Projects, Visio, Excel
- Prince2 / Agile PM
- Excellent technical and commercial awareness, with a proven track record in a similar role
- Experience in Telecommunications fixed line with high level exposure within the vendor / operator environment
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Projects Director, Telecoms Project Director, Head of Projects, Prince2, Agile PM, MSP and Telecommunications Projects Director may also be considered for this role.