1st line / help desk/ support / contract / 3 months / Barnsley
Spring Group Plc
£100 - £150
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
I am currently recruiting for a 1st line support / Helpdesk Engineer. Knowledge and / Or experience working with C# and SQL Server would be very highly desirable. This is an Initial 3 month contract paying between £100 - £150 per day. The role will become permanent after the initial 3 months.
The company is based in South Yorkshire and is a large Pan-European Software consultancy with over 20 years experience in providing technological solutions to the Industrial sector.
The System Support Technician is responsible for guaranteeing the operational conditions of all the systems of the company, including both the customer platforms hosted at partners' data centres, hardware installed on clients sites and the internal network and systems used within the company. The Ideal Candidate will be responsible for systems operational conditions and uptime.
Job description and main responsibilities
* Define, implement and monitor good support practices and processes in order to guarantee high availability of all systems and platforms controlled by the client
* Provide first and second line support as required with existing clients * Liaise with client key Users to resolve issues related to data capture, connectivity, remote connection & web based reporting systems.
* Analyse issues and determine severity according to contractual Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
* Escalate support requirements internally where necessary. Inform technical teams about the reproduction steps in order to fix the issues accordingly.
* Participate in projects pre-sales, deployment and post-sales from the system operations standpoint.
* Exploitation of systems
* Monitor data capture devices installed on client's sites.
* Reprocessing of data within SQL Database environments
* Provide support and physical assistance for Company Engineers during hardware builds and installations on clients sites.
* Engineering degree (computer science, telecommunications).
* 2+ years' experience in System Administrator/ Help Desk position, preferably in AWS environment.
* Strong technical knowledge of Windows Server and MS SQL Server.
* Basic knowledge in Developing (C#) would be an advantage
* Technical knowledge of IP networks and high availability environments.
* Database administration skills would be an advantage
* Strong communication skills and customer driven
* Basic Spanish knowledge would be a plus
Interviews are immediately available with a view to start in the 1st week of May. Hit the Apply tab to register your interest or you can call Idris Fazal on 01134 870 167.
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring.com/candidate-privacy-information-statement