We are looking for a Node.JS Developer to join the team developing "Dovetail Live" - an online hub for our players, providing them with a personalised hobby experience both online and within our simulation games. You will assist in the development of an in-game performance and progression tracking application used in conjunction with a React SPA, reporting into the Technical Product Owner of Dovetail Live.
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: "By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts".
We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Champion the development of this NodeJS application with considerations for throughput, scalability and performance in large-scale distributed systems
- Coordinate with our Data Scientist on technical requirements, DevOps Engineer on database design, and Frontend Engineer on UI requirements
- Understand business needs and interpret programme vision to be able to advise on "best fit" solutions that work for all parties
What we look for in you
- A demonstrable history of building successful REST APIs used with single-page-applications
- Experience working with internal stakeholders across multi-disciplinary organisation structures
- The ability to design and communicate complex systems
- Strong organisation skills
Experience or familiarity with:
- ExpressJS, SQL (Sequelize or equivalent ORM preferably)
- Agile development, using JIRA or an equivalent
- Modern ES6 JS (spread, hoisting, event delegation, promises, etc)
- Designing & developing REST APIs
- Identity & Access Management (OAuth, OIDC)
- Modern security & encryption best practices (Revocation support for JWTs, etc)
- Continuous Integration / Delivery (Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Travis)
- Test-Driven or Behaviour-Driven Development
- Working knowledge of profiling and debugging tools
- Functional programming
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You'll experience a fun environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising