We are looking for a Data Analyst to deep-dive into our games, allowing us to understand and optimise user behaviour for player engagement and retention. You will become a pivotal role in influencing key decisions from game design to marketing across the company.
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: "By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts".
We have just moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Designing, developing, distributing and maintaining reports, visualisations, dashboards and statistical models
- Mining data and performing deep analysis across all game systems to determine and remedy pain-points in player engagement
- Providing meaningful metrics around game usage and game performance to teams across the business
- Partnering with stakeholders and teams to garner reporting and analytics requirements
- Working with data and gameplay engineers to ensure architecture will support requirements
- Being a subject matter expert and resource for accessing and analysing data using Tableau or equivalent tools as necessary
What we look for in you
- Excellent SQL skills, including extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- Familiarity with data visualisation software, eg Tableau
- Familiarity with a statistical software package, eg R
- Experience with A/B testing
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience as a reporting analyst for a game development studio is beneficial
- Prior experience working in an AWS / GCP environment, including experience using BigQuery / Redshift as a data source
- Strong interest or passion for gaming
Why work for us?
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You'll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics