When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 300 aircraft flying over 900 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 90 million passengers a year, we employ over 14,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
The Commercial Systems team is responsible for all of the systems that drive revenue generation across the business. We support all aspects of selling and servicing our customers' needs. This includes our award winning website and mobile platforms, the systems that support the planning of our network and our market leading demand based pricing systems. We are a tight knit team of IT professionals, working seamlessly with our colleagues in the Marketing and Commercial business functions in a fast paced competitive environment. We get a lot done and we're proud of our contribution to this incredibly successful business.
What you will be doing:
- Advise on test strategies and how these services are delivered in a consistent fashion (people, tools and environmental requirements).
- Ensure the QA Framework is represented within the SDLC and teams are adhering to the required practices.
- Drive adoption of best practices, including process, tooling and automation and take charge of continuous improvement activities thereof. Ensure effective knowledge management and training is in place to avoid silos and ease career development and on boarding of new staff.
- Responsible for establishing a Community or Practice for easyJet on Quality Assurance and best practices.
- Play an active management role by communicating clearly to team members, product owners, easyJet management team and 3rd parties.
- Review suppliers' own testing and Quality Assurance practices where appropriate.
- Accountable for software quality summarisations and has a key input into release decisions.
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of the quality and test strategy and championing adherence to it.
Requirements of the Role
What we are looking for:
- Excellent understanding of key testing services: Unit, functional, automated, integration, regression, exploratory, risk based testing.
- Extensive knowledge of tools associated with testing and Quality Assurance.
- Excellent vendor management and supplier relationship skills, including monitoring of deliverables to contractual terms.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Generating positive team morale and collaborative working.
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills. Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm and focussed under pressure.
- Personable, approachable, highly self-motivated and driven. Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage change and work with ambiguity.
- Ability to be at ease with the easyJet culture that is informal, open, friendly and passionate.
- Demonstrated experience of testing organisations and in governing testing in enterprise scale change programmes.
- Systems development and associated Agile testing processes aligned particularly to SCRUM and iterative delivery.
- Experience in reporting to all levels of an organisation regarding testing results and release confidence.