When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 300 aircraft flying over 1000 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the second largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 90 million passengers a year, we employ over 13,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
We are looking to recruit a seasoned Business Analyst to be the key liaison point between the business and IT by developing credible domain knowledge and stakeholder relationships. You will expose the true needs of the business and the capability gaps in meeting them by giving stakeholders something to point at, making the invisible visible and removing ambiguity. Define, manage and communicate requirements accurately and support viable solution design and delivery. Always ensure solutions meet their anticipated business benefits.
- Ensure requests for change outline the true business need and convey who is potentially affected in terms of people, process and technology
- Engage and develop strong working relationships with all stakeholders potentially affected
- Plan and agree your business analysis approach with project stakeholders
- Conduct structured analysis to elicit, model and define the capability gap using known techniques (context, business process, data flow and/or use case modelling)
- Elicit, analyse, prioritise and define all requirement types using appropriate techniques
- Deliver credible business requirements documents (BRD's) as required for waterfall delivery
- Produce product backlogs using user stories as required for agile delivery
- Obtain requirement approvals and manage requirements change
- Ensure requirements traceability with clear linkage to business need
- Ensure technical delivery teams understand the business need and requirements, including their priority
- Ensure service design and transition understand the levels of service required for the solution
- Support the identification and evaluation of potential solution options which may involve the facilitation and definition of a request for information (RFI) or request for proposal (RFP).
- Support the development of a business case
- Support solution scoping, design, configuration and build phases
- Support the definition of test strategies and plans
- Support all phases of testing with a view to potentially managing UAT
- Manage the resolution of UAT defects
- Manage changes to requirements and solution scope
- Ensure business stakeholders are satisfied that the solution meets their business needs
- Support service design and transition in transitioning the solution into operational service
- Support business readiness for change
- Evaluate and ensure that the solution has met its anticipated business benefits
- Support lessons learnt exercises
- Consistently share BA experiences and knowledge with wider BA teams
- Assist the Business Analysis community in enhancing the quality of BA deliverables
- Assist the wider IT community in enhancing the quality of IT products and services.
Requirements of the Role
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Methodical, logical and flexible in approach, you will have gained significant experience as a Business Analyst.
- With specific experience of business case support, project initiation, requirement capture, scope and change management, development support, UAT, Project early life support and benefits realisation, you will also have the ability to think laterally about the impact of changes.
- Stakeholder management
- Workshop facilitation
- Production of formal requirements documents
- Documenting current and future business processes, data flow diagrams, data models and use cases.
- Documenting using epics, user-stories, narratives, wireframes, product backlog and other Agile style deliverables.
- Managing user acceptance testing
- Prototyping solutions using appropriate tools
- Project planning (identifying who needs to be involved, taking into account the availability of others, dependencies between tasks etc.)
- Knowledge of analysis and development techniques e.g. SCRUM, Agile & Waterfall
- Airline/Retail experience
- The ability to think laterally about the impact of changes
- The ability to build close working relationships across the business and with suppliers
- The ability to understand complex concepts and communicate them in a simple manner
- The ability to communicate well on both a business and technical level, to all levels of the organisation
- Experience of and passion to deliver an exceptional service to internal customers
- Be an innovative and positive team player
- Be at ease with the low cost easyJet culture that is informal, friendly, open and passionate
‘Applicants must have the right to work in the country where the role is based and will provide upon request, proof of Right to Work in the relevant country.'