This growing company is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join its team based in March. Our business is focussed on providing the charity sector with a solution which resolves the dilemma of how to best focus their marketing spend. We call it "brand at street level". Already working with a number of major charities in the UK, we are now gearing up for the next stage of what we expect to be very substantial growth.
As a Senior Software Developer our requirements for this crucial role within the team and as part of an entrepreneurial s/w business are unashamedly demanding, and are broadly as follows:
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer who:
- has a real world, pragmatic, engineering mentality with a passion for tech yet understands the concept of delivering "just enough".
- believes in delivering the optimal experience to users, customers, internal and external teams,
- understands the short and long term, stakeholder and commercial implications of technical decisions,
- understands the very real commercial business requirements, pressures and tensions and
- has the interpersonal, intellectual, influencing and leadership skills and authority to shape, steer and deliver software products that are the best fit within what can sometimes be seen as conflicting objectives
- is keen, perhaps ready right now, to take ownership of product development, become the product lead/product champion and demonstrate and utilise the broad, generalist range of technical, managerial, and interpersonal skills, and flexibility that this role requires
- has a very solid background in C# / Web, (but also language and database agnostic), with sufficient currency to code, and more importantly to understand and oversee current and future product development integrity
- has a basic knowledge of, and an interest in, Azure, DevOps, Mongo, SQL and test-driven agile development practices would also be beneficial
- has probably already played a lead role within a software development team
- is also able to bring cross-functional skills such as data analysis, business process analysis, architecture and UX
- is opportunistic in the context of using third-party libraries, frameworks and services where there is no need to reinvent the wheel
Of course, there is more, but if we have whetted your appetite, please send us your CV asap, AND please include a sufficient commentary of how you meet the spec for this Developer role. So, if you are interested in this Senior Developer role, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
The job title of ‘Senior’ relates simply to the level of experience and has no relevance to age. You are encouraged to apply for any opportunities that you feel to be suitable, irrespective of age or level of experience.