When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 300 aircraft flying over 900 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 90 million passengers a year, we employ over 14,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
The Technical Architect is first and foremost the lead on the detailed design of solutions for easyJet, whilst being responsible for realising the benefits of Workday architecture in order to meet the business needs.The Technical Architect role has deep expertise in the network management domain, and provides high level knowledge and expertise in not only methodologies but easyJet's commercial, operational and central systems landscapes.The Technical Architect role works with the Enterprise Architects to set the technical roadmap, and also works with the Solution Architect role and delivery teams on a day-to-day basis to ensure the teams are productively adhering to best practice guidelines and delivering to the architecture roadmap.
What you will be doing:
- You will publish and maintain a technical roadmap and architecture for Workday, defining how constituent technologies, frameworks and networks are kept up to date to ensure maximum productivity and cost effectiveness.
- You will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise and support to the easyJet teams when identifying, justifying, planning and delivering Workday related projects.
- You will help project teams identify Workday requirements, dependencies and potential risks or issues and review, approve and produce technical designs.
- You will be expected to anticipate, identify and qualify risks, develop and recommend plans for improvements, and support the preparation of the business cases. You will use your substantial knowledge to increase proactivity required to ensure you to contribute to the efficiency, cost savings, service stability, and key performance indicators for easyJet
- You will work with Business Analysts to determine requirements and then convert those into technical requirements based on existing portfolio offerings, as well alignment to the easyJet Technical Policy
- You will specialise and be a technical authority for all aspects of Workday architecture and management within easyJet
- Develop, publish and communicate the Workday technology roadmaps to drive standardisation and deployment of additional controls to achieve the Workday Strategy.
- Interact with the Enterprise Architecture team and the Technical Design Authority to ensure the relevant architecture guidance is understood, appropriate to solutions and help drive any change in strategy as required
- You will pride yourself on your ability to build key internal and external relationships with stakeholders and peers to facilitate translation of business requirements into technical designs
- Provide last line support and act as a point of escalation to resolve complex and critical problems and incidents.
Requirements of the Role
What we are looking for:
- This position designs and provides expert level guidance across the enterprise for all network architecture technologies, assuring compliance with company policies, standards and procedures
- You will advise the organisation with applicable industry information on Workday technologies, trends and improvement opportunities.
- You will be responsible for optimising the performance, reliability, investment and operating costs of Workday Area
- Provide expert level security consultation on internal projects focusing on business needs, security's role in change management, and how data is transmitted internally and externally
- Evaluate and monitor project efforts, timelines, and task management. Partner with internal technology teams to ensure projects remain on target, within budget, and are completed according to internal policies and security standards.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Workday and provides expert level consultation to other IT teams