IT Architecture incorporates the Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture teams, plus oversight of Technical Architects working within our technology delivery teams. We own the overall direction of easyJet's IT landscape across all domains, working in close collaboration with colleagues across IT and the broader business. We also play a leading role in developing complex IT solutions which have cross-functional impact, implement new technology / architecture approaches etc.
To lead the solution architecture definition for complex end to end solutions, working with technical architects covering each solution component, and Enterprise Architects driving the long-term architectural direction.
Produce high quality, comprehensive Solution Blueprint materials demonstrating a balance of different functional & non-functional drivers and requirements, effective understanding of solution risk, and alignment to broader IT strategy and standards.
Provide architectural guidance to third party vendors / development teams to assure the delivered solution realises the design.
- Owning & defining solution architectures:
- Working with external parties, suppliers and internal members of the IT team and business units to research, define and document the systems architecture and high level designs for major new initiatives, primarily though not exclusively in the Commercial domain
- Identifying key areas of technical risk or complexity, proposing appropriate Proofs of Concepts (POCs) and spikes, working with stakeholders to curate a story backlog, and leading a team to gain hard evidence to influence the end architecture design
- Providing high level estimates for projects to facilitate prioritisation of demand and portfolio management
- Working with the programme solution architects, business analysts and business stakeholders to coordinate the collection of non-functional requirements for each component / platform in the end to end architecture
- Engaging with technical architects and other solution architects to understand and define the end to end solution architecture, outlining appropriate component responsibilities and boundaries, producing interaction diagrams explaining how the solution hangs together
- Clear communication of the defined solution to the delivery and service teams (both in house and third party)
- Ensuring key factors such as total cost of ownership, ongoing maintenance, a broad understanding of risk etc. are considered in the definition of the solution.
- Holding vendors to account to ensure documentation meets easyJet's architecture standards, aligns to the defined end to end solution, as well as meets its business functional and non-functional requirements
- Collaborating with the Service Delivery team to define the support model for platforms and components in the end to end architecture
Requirements of the Role
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
Experience of designing/implementing solutions, including (desirable):
- Large, multi-technology, multi-vendor solutions
- eCommerce platforms (ideally Hybris)
- Process orchestration
- Airline operations systems
- Integration with third party service provider / supplier APIs
- Experience of SOA, API Design and distributed architectures.
- Practical experience of agile project delivery aligned to high quality solution architecture
- Demonstrable experience of designing high quality software solutions in line with business needs and timescales
- Active participation in a maturing architecture practice / community
- Be confident in presenting solution architecture and strategy to both and IT and business audiences
- The ability to understand complex concepts and communicate them in a simple manner
- The ability to communicate well on both a business and technical level, to all levels of the organisation
- High degree of integrity, does what they say they will
‘Applicants must have the right to work in the country where the role is based and will provide upon request, proof of Right to Work in the relevant country.'