1st Line IT Support Technician / Analyst
£18000 - £22000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
1st Line IT Support Technician/IT Helpdesk/Manchester
A brilliant opportunity to join a growing, dynamic Managed Service Provider (MSP) in Central Manchester. Part of a friendly, skilled team, you will be well looked after & encouraged to learn, progress & grow within your role.
Founded in 2007, they proudly boast near 100% customer retention and deliver fully managed IT support & cloud services to businesses across the North West. Services include onsite/remote support, technology projects, network management, VoIP & private/public cloud hosted infrastructure inc remote desktop. Priding themselves on highest IT standards, excellent communication and fastest-in-industry problem resolution which alongside exceptional customer and staff retention levels produce 100% 5-star reviews of team and services on Google.
What's on offer?
- Starting salary £18k-£22k
- Modern offices in City Centre with pool table, arcade machine & PS4
- Established IT Support company with outstanding staff retention & opportunity to 'make a difference' delivering bespoke, customer-led IT solutions
- Regular work social inc pool & bowling tournaments, Crystal Maze, Alton Towers, Junkyard Golf, etc.
- Dress-down Friday with lunch & beers
- Professional improvement/training allowances
- Excellent career progression to 2nd/3rd line
- Working 8:30-17:30 Mon-Fri (1hr lunch)
- 30 days holiday, company pension & paid overtime
What will you be doing?
A dynamic & challenging support role within a skilled & friendly team of 18. You will be well looked after and encouraged to learn, grow and progress your technical & professional skills.
- 1st line support for around 2500 users via email/phone
- Monitor & deal with emails from clients
- Update service desk ticket system
- Diagnose issues & perform first time fixes where possible
- Advise customers & communicate regularly
- Hardware/software upgrades & migration projects
- Escalate tickets to 2nd/3rd line where necessary
- Assist onsite team with problem solving
- Admin of AD, Exchange/O365, Windows Server/Desktop OS & many other technologies in time
What will you need?
- Minimum 1yr in 1st Line IT Support role
- Strong troubleshooting skills & confident with remote/phone support
- Great communication & service skills
- Understanding of networking inc hardware & config
- Excellent Windows 7/10 & MS Office knowledge
- Knowledge of Windows Server, AD & MS O365
- Experience of user setups (desktop/laptop) & user issues
- Confident & friendly personality with a keen & professional work ethic
- Keen to learn & improving skills & knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills - prioritise, finish what you start, manage time, document key actions & follow up
- Passion & excitement regarding work - can-do attitude & the willingness to go the distance to get something done
If you have a passion for technology & are looking to join a high-achieving IT company, please apply NOW with your CV!