Web Developer - WordPress
£25000 - £30000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This long established web development agency in Hartlepool is looking for high quality, full time WordPress Website Developer.
They are looking for an experienced Front end Web Developer to strengthen their existing team. The successful candidate will develop and maintain a wide range of high traffic internet applications, websites and mobile apps. This demanding and challenging role will allow you to develop your skills and give scope to demonstrate your abilities.
The successful PHP Web Developer will work on their own initiative a lot of the time, making good problem solving and organisation skills essential.
Solid experience in a commercial environment is essential.
Skills Required are . . .
- Excellent working knowledge of Wordpress
- An eye for good design and hierarchy.
- Experience producing responsive websites.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent Knowledge of WooCommerce and other WordPress plugins
- Ability to build custom functionality in WordPress
- Understanding of Web APIs
- Working knowledge of the Apple Mac platform and OSX
- Effective time-management skills.
- Passion, motivation and drive
- An existing portfolio of website projects that you have produced or worked on
WordPress Developer duties and responsibilities are:
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website's architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
WordPress Developer requirements and qualifications are . . .
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial