Junior Web Designer - North Kent
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This company is looking for a full time Junior Web Designer to join their team in their North Kent office. They are looking for someone with a passion for all things creative that will be working closely with their team of front-end developers to create innovative designs and produce new concepts to cater for their variety of exciting clients.
This candidate must have experience in web design and creating bespoke responsive designs as well as an understanding of UX and usability. Although web and digital will be your main priority, you will get the opportunity to work closely with the marketing team to work on the company branding and some of their clients may require print design
The main sectors they work in are education, pharmaceuticals, travel, SME, not for profit and motorsports (but work may not be limited to just these sectors). Candidates with experience in these fields would be a bonus.
Skills and experience required:
- Digital design degree or equivalent experience
- Strong skills in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of responsive design
- Email design
- Conceptual skills
- Design for print and branding
- Has a strong portfolio of design for desktop, tablet and mobile
- Quoting design time for jobs
- Understanding of web standards
- Having input into the company's marketing and social media strategy
- Creating wireframes
- HTML and CSS knowledge
- Experience with Sketch
- Illustration skills
- Knowledge of designing for parallax sites
- Knowledge of Zeplin
- Time management - ability to manage and prioritise your workload and updating your timesheets regularly
- Ability to work within a team
- Able to juggle multiple projects at any one time
- Ambitious and wants to learn more and develop their skills
- Working closely with the project management and development staff
A competitive salary is offered depending on experience and qualifications.
They are close to Bluewater and the M25 but they are still in a rural part of the world; due to their location, your own transport is essential.