£40000 - £45000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of Love work, Love life' has been central to our success and so we're looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
We are excited to move to the next phase of development of our Customers for Life Operations strategy, building a team of experts who are focused on providing the essential infrastructure to enable the Customer Success organisation to evolve, delivering many strategic initiatives to drive this transformation.
We are now looking to recruit several new roles to the existing CFL Operations team to support and deliver our exciting and aggressive transformation strategy.
We are looking for a candidate that can embed themselves in predictive analytic models across the full software product portfolio and organisation including but not limited to current CFL KPIs. You will already be an established data professional who will help drive improvements in the Customer experience through insights, innovation and recommendations based on your findings.
Your main focus will be working with the Technical Support and Customer Success Management teams analysing current data models and data sets, implementing new methodologies, metrics & data models (working in partnership with relevant stakeholders) and providing valuable insights and recommendations based on your detailed analysis.
As our very first Data Scientist, you will play a leading role in shaping and growing data science functionality with the CFL organisation:
You will work with key stakeholders to review and choose the optimum tools and technologies that will continue to help drive improvements in our CFL offering.
You are a champion when it comes to integrating disparate data sets and using deep analytics to uncover actionable insights.
You will drive innovation and prove hypotheses and use sophisticated predictive models to drive our CFL strategy forward and fuel ground-breaking new ones.
You are a natural at showcasing analytical prowess to improve the customer experience, working in partnership with stakeholders across the business, influencing and encouraging change where there is a clear benefit to the customer.
Success in this role will be measured through the deployment of a new data strategy (which you will own) which may include the effective consolidation of current processes and data review together with timely and accurate data gathering and analysis followed by the sharing of data insights and recommendations. Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement is also key in this role.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Creating scalable statistical and analytical models based on the combination of current and future data sets.
- Work with the CFL team to produce data visualisations and insight reports for key Customer Success stakeholders.
- Summarise and communicate conclusions and solutions to analytic and non-analytic stakeholders.
- Identify new data and analysis opportunities and recommend acquisition of appropriate datasets
- Work with stakeholders to define the future CFL Data model linked to our Customer Advocacy vision
- Ensure all agreed data modelling processes are documented, updated and easily accessible to all stakeholders
- Lead the formulation of data quality procedures to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work with the CFL Operations team to execute strategic initiatives using data and insights to drive improvements in the customer experience
- All plans/deliverables focus on improving customer satisfaction and customer retention/churn reduction.
- Continually benchmark data processes, systems and approaches with Industry best practices
- Liaise with external bodies on agreed external accreditation processes where appropriate
As a well-rounded Data Scientist, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Wide experience with data analytics, data correlation, statistical algorithms, databases, data regression, and scripting languages.
- Experience in data visualization, and data manipulation tools.
- Knowledge of managing, manipulating and transforming data from a variety of sources, both structured and unstructured data.
- Experience in one or more data extraction and querying tools such as SQL, Spark, Hadoop or similar.
- Knowledge of sentiment and text analysis.
- Experience of working in a corporate data and analytics environment or proven track record of academic research involving relevant data science, data analysis, and statistical tools and methodologies
- A strong background in a quantitative/analytical discipline, with a relevant degree preferred
- Experience in software applications (particularly SaaS applications) across various sectors
- Experience of defining processes for system automation/development
- Experience of working with Salesforce
- Strong use of Microsoft office applications, including ability to analyse data and create easy to use templates
Senior stakeholder engagement and communication
- Experience of working in a large, complex organization with extensive stakeholder management experience
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!