SQL Database Administrator - 9 Month FTC
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This company is looking to recruit a SQL Database Administrator.
SQL DBA responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of the critical SQL Server environment. Provide expert database and TSQL knowledge to the company. This is on a 9 month fixed term contract.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server from both DB administration and developer side.
- Strong TSQL knowledge with experience writing complex SQL queries.
- Excellent ability to problem-solve with good analytical skills.
- Strong team player.
- Good knowledge of database design.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- An understanding of information legislation, such as the Data Protection Act.
- Excellent performance tuning skills.
- Knowledge of excel VBA and macro would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of SSRS, SSIS and SSAS would be an advantage.
- Provide end to end technical support for all SQL Server environments.
- Writing and supporting complex T-SQL code.
- Contribute to database design.
- Recommend and approve database schema changes.
- Database backup and recovery.
- Maintenance of high secure environments.
- Performance tuning.
- SQL installation and configuration.
- Monitor SQL production database instances health and performance; configure and use automated monitoring tools to proactively identify and resolve issues.