|Listed on:||8th April|
|Contact Name:||Adam Hillary|
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive. We acquired a top development and consulting organisation in Romania, Timisoara and are looking to recruit talent to go on our exciting journey.
• Will have a strong delivery focus and experience of working in - and leading - SCRUM team(s) working at pace
• Will have experience of leading development teams and projects, working with Product Owners to manage the delivery of agreed requirements
• Will have a tactical focus on planning & delivering complex software development projects to time & budget
• Will have a thorough understanding of data structures, algorithms and Object Oriented Design principles and their application to problem solving, with a background in .NET development.
• Will be an excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach.
• Demonstrate sound leadership, motivation and team development skills, and are able to manage a high performing team.
• Have a strong technical background, and are passionate about providing technical guidance and solutions, to enable teams to make the right commercial decisions.
• Love working collaboratively with peers, team members and the wider business, and approach any challenge with a positive outlook.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Create the project plan/forecast for project delivery against agreed scope and provide regular, transparent progress reports to the Divisional Head of Development, Programme Management and Divisional Management Team.
• Lead & drives the software development team(s) to deliver their commitments on the project, highlighting any impediments/impairments in good time and forming resolution plans to bring projects back in line.
• Drive the development team(s) best practice, operational excellence and reliable, transparent deliverables against project commitments.
• Play a critical tactical role to the delivery of projects against the divisional and departmental strategic goals; providing clear, regular credible forecasts & reports to the Division and Department leaders.
• Collaborate with Product Owners, QA Leads and Divisional Head of Development to ensure alignment and delivery of collaborative projects (such as integration).
• Work with the Head of Product to initiate and sponsor functional development projects for responsible products based on agreed business cases and agreed business requirements.
• Develop and implement a launch plan for responsible products, working closely with all departments to execute the plan.
• Lead, motivate, develop, appraise and manage the performance of the team to ensure that they have the skills and support to achieve their potential and meet the company's needs.
• Assist in the formulation of pragmatic technical strategies for the teams, to support corporate as well as divisional objectives
• Work with the other Development Managers to understand & implement best practice, agile methodologies, knowledge sharing and technical challenges across the wider portfolio of products.
• Work closely with Product Management, Support and Customer Success to ensure high value customer needs are delivered within the product releases.
• Use programming experience to provide technical guidance, clear thinking and commercially-pragmatic decision-making; leading & mentoring developers to make better decisions & credible delivery plans.
• Work in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
With experience as a well-rounded Full Stack ASP.NET Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Technology & Tools:
• ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core
• Visual Studio 2017
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Relational database design, Query Optimisation, Indexing etc...
• T-SQL - Writing efficient SQL, Stored Procedures and Functions
• Automated Build (CI) and Deployments
• Teamcity/Jenkins/Azure DevOps
• Git-based Source Control
• CSS pre-processors (Less, Sass, etc)
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to make you successful. We will help you carve out your career path. You will enjoy lots of training both in the UK and in Romania to accelerate your career.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to grow, you will enjoy a fun environment on top of our standard benefits.