Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) Advanced Systems realises its Science and Technology, and Research and Development requirements through its Advanced Systems team located in various locations in the UK.
BDUK Advanced Systems employs innovative, highly skilled and mission motivated engineers capable of developing differentiated, high quality systems and solutions with agility and at high velocity. The team develops innovative information management and exploitation solutions for applications across a diverse set of C4ISR domains and contexts that include, but are not limited to mission systems, security, resilience, intelligence, cyber, logistics, and training.
The position will join a successful and expanding team based in Fleet.
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Performs software project management and software supplier management functions.
- Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics. Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
- Collaborates with a distributed national and international development teams and stakeholders to understand user requirements and translate them into effective prioritised technical requirements
- Ensures that software engineering processes are followed correctly and be able to identify areas for improvement
- Strong knowledge of modern C++ principles and practice
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject
- Strong mathematics & physics background
- Experience with popular native C++ frameworks (Qt, Boost)
- Ability to work effectively within a small team environment and with people across all organisational levels
- Experience in Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) modelling & simulation technologies and standards (DIS / HLA)
- Experience with other software languages (Java, C#)
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery (Git, JIRA, JIRA Agile, Bamboo)
- Experience with modern 3D graphics development (OpenGL 3.x+ / OpenSceneGraph)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.