We are recruiting a forward-looking and enthusiastic enterprise architect who can combine technology thought leadership, excellent communication skills and passion for change to help shape the future Digital Platform for the bank. You will have come from a software engineering background and have solutions delivery experience across a breadth of technologies within the digital domain from classic server-side based online services to modern, reactive, API-driven cloud-based applications. Additionally you will be a highly effective communicator, able to express complicated technical concepts and ideas to senior business leaders in formal and informal situations.
- Creation and articulation of architecture artefacts in organisational context such as roadmaps, architecture decisions, solution options or high-level conceptual designs using non-technical language
- Working with innovation labs in an agile environment, facilitating key architecture decisions and ensuring architecture governance approvals are in place
- Creation of white papers in relation to emerging technologies or new architectural challenges
- Developing ad-hoc architecture and strategy papers in relation to requests from senior leadership or group committees
- Collaborating with other architects, engineers and product owners to complete backlog tasks or to help align their work to bank of the future strategy
- Experience of enterprise scale platforms and solutions is expected, together with a natural curiosity to keep your skills and knowledge up to date as the financial industry and modern technologies continue to evolve.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to apply different styles and content to different audiences. You will be interacting with and building content for consumption by different stakeholder groups and must be able to vary your communication delivery accordingly. You will be able to explain architectural and technological concepts and their implications from different viewpoints and focused on stakeholder value.
- You will be a strategic thinker and be passionate about applying modern digital technologies and conceptual designs to articulate, promote and enhance the strategy for our future Digital Platform. You will be good at understanding and shaping direction in the context of technological and industry trends and applying that insight to financial services organisation.
- You will have a background in digital (online) architecture and technologies and be able to apply these at an enterprise scale. You will have had experience in engineering and solution architecture during your career and be able to relate architectural concepts to implementations as well as business outcomes. This breadth of skills and experiences will be important to you and will allow you to articulate the rationale behind technical or business decisions.
- You will have a passion for and a depth of knowledge in applying modern technologies to achieve highly secure, agile and web-scale online services, and be aware of the latest technological developments and frameworks supporting online experiences on both mobile and desktop. Furthermore, you will be actively interested in Fintechs and emerging technologies and how they can be used and integrated into financial services organisations to solve new problems or improve existing capabilities.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.